August 8, 2005 -- Redlands, California—ESRI is pleased to announce that RouteMAP IMS 3 is now shipping. The latest release of this affordably priced out-of-the-box Internet mapping solution now supports .NET and increases user flexibility. Included with the RouteMAP IMS 3 release are new North American (U.S., Canada, & Puerto Rico) and European datasets from Tele Atlas.
RouteMAP IMS is designed to help users add mapping and routing capabilities to their Web site. Map templates included in RouteMAP IMS make it easy to create maps with symbols for unique company locations. Data package options allow users to select the map data they need to produce attractive Internet maps. Users can also create customized maps using the provided ActiveX, Java, and the new .NET application programming interfaces (APIs). RouteMAP IMS also enables users to generate more business activity by allowing prospective customers visiting their Web site to see maps and get driving directions to their various business locations.
RouteMAP IMS allows users to
- Publish custom maps to the Web with symbols for unique locations.
- Display and print driving directions and maps.
- Search for business locations within a one- to 3,000-mile radius or perform a polygon search.
- Create map routes between locations with the option of optimized multiple stops.
- Zoom in, zoom out, pan, and measure distances.
- Edit map feature layers.
- Read ESRI shapefile format for user-added map layers.
- Choose from available datasets for North America (U.S., Canada, & Puerto Rico) and Europe.
- Dun & Bradstreet Data—Includes 18 million integrated Dun & Bradstreet business listings (United States only).
- Buffer Search—Find what is nearby along a route and see the results in the driving directions as well as on the map.
- Java API—Create custom map applications with the new Java API (in addition to the ActiveX and .NET API).
- Dynamic Database Connection—Updates database locations via active connection to Oracle, dBASE, Microsoft SQL Server and Access, or other ODBC-compliant applications.