August 21, 2006 -- Redlands, California—ESRI, the world leader in geographic information system (GIS) technology, announced today that the upcoming release of ArcGIS Business Analyst desktop software will include ESRI’s 2006/2011 segmentation, demographic, business, and shopping center data. This updated data in ArcGIS Business Analyst will help companies, agencies, and organizations perform accurate marketing analyses faster and more efficiently.
"This release of ArcGIS Business Analyst 9.1 provides a major data update from previous versions," says Mark Berry, ArcGIS Business Analyst product manager, ESRI. "For example, ESRI’s demographic data update includes new developments in data sources, methods, and the measurement of catastrophic change in the Gulf Coast communities after the 2005 hurricane season. The innovations that are available in ArcGIS Business Analyst, coupled with the industry’s best datasets, provide optimal marketing analysis tools to all organizations that require them."
The 2006 data updates to ArcGIS Business Analyst 9.1 will include
- ESRI’s 2006/2011 demographic data and forecasts
- Segmentation data from Community Tapestry down to the census tract level
- Business data for approximately 11 million U.S. businesses, from infoUSA (vintage January 2006)
- Shopping center data for 4,200 major U.S. shopping centers, from Directory of Major Malls (vintage January 2006)
Companies, agencies, and organizations can use the new data in ArcGIS Business Analyst 9.1 to
- Profile customers and constituents.
- Find similar customer and constituent segments.
- Craft marketing messages to increase response from targeted customers and constituents.
- Analyze and select the best locations for expansion.
- Perform competitive analyses.
- Evaluate store/site performance.
For more information about ArcGIS Business Analyst, visit
www.esri.com/ba or call
# # #