Theme of GIS for Economic Development Offers Timely Discussion of Regional Issues
Redlands, California, and New Delhi, India—NIIT-GIS Ltd. (ESRI India) will host the Second Annual ESRI Asia-Pacific User Conference in New Delhi, India, January 18–19, 2007. The conference will offer participants insight into the latest developments and technology trends in geographic information system (GIS) technology. More than 1,000 ESRI software users are expected to attend.
Users will discuss topics related to the conference theme, GIS for Economic Development. "The Asia-Pacific region is in the midst of rapid change," says Rajesh C. Mathur, president of ESRI India. "This change, largely an effect of globalization, is a result of the availability, transmission, and use of information and knowledge. Effective economic development strategies depend on information such as the spatial patterns of households and businesses as well as new infrastructure proposed for a region. The conference will provide many opportunities for participants to learn about and discuss the economic, social, and environmental benefits of geographic information systems."
Other highlights of the conference include the following:
- A Plenary Session will feature prominent GIS users from government, education, and business from across the Asia-Pacific region. Dr. David Maguire, director of products at ESRI, will present and demonstrate ArcGIS 9.2, ESRI’s latest software release.
- Technical sessions led by product experts will provide detailed information on the ArcGIS suite of software products. The sessions will be a valuable resource to enhance users’ knowledge, skills, and abilities as GIS professionals.
- The Map Gallery will celebrate the achievements of the ESRI user community, showcasing GIS technology at the project, department, and enterprise levels.
- Users will present papers and discuss their use of GIS. Paper presentations are a forum for users to share how they are using GIS to meet challenges and solve real-world problems.
- Business partners and solution providers will showcase their technology in the Exhibit Hall. Attendees can view new products and obtain information they need for their GIS projects.
In addition, a technical quiz will test participants’ software skills and knowledge of ESRI solutions. Training courses will be offered after the conference.
For more information and to register, visit www.esriindia.com/apuc2007.
# # #
About ESRI India
ESRI India, an ISO 9001:2000 company, has a strategic alliance with ESRI, the world leader in GIS, and NIIT Technologies, a global IT solutions corporation. ESRI India is a GIS-focused company that provides end-to-end GIS-based solutions ranging from software products, training, technical support, data conversion (hard-copy maps to digital data), and application development. ESRI India enjoys a market leadership position, having the largest installed base across different vertical markets in India, Nepal, and Bhutan.
ESRI India is headquartered in New Delhi, with sales and support offices in New Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Bangalore, and Chennai. Each office is staffed by qualified GIS professionals and equipped with the required infrastructure to meet the technical support needs of customers. All offices are linked through state-of-the-art telecommunication facilities. The company has two major divisions—Sales and Systems Integration and Consulting.