New release of software allows for production and maintenance of high quality data for analysis and production
Redlands, California—ESRI announces that its Production Line Tool Set (PLTS) for ArcGIS—Nautical Solution 9.2 is now available. This new release offers users a database-centric approach to produce and maintain high quality data for analysis and chart production making it easier to meet nautical specifications.
Nautical Solution can be used to produce and maintain standard Digital Nautical Chart (DNC) and Electronic Navigational Chart (ENC) products as well as standards-compliant hard-copy nautical charts. The solution modernizes the management, editing, quality control, and generation of products from hydrographic information allowing for efficient production.
New features for Nautical Solution include
- ENC functionality providing hydrographic agencies with tools for the production and maintenance of S-57 transfer standard compliant nautical data including new editions (EN) and updates (ER)
- Full hard-copy charting support based on INT1, INT2, and INT3 and U.S. Department of Defense specifications
- Enterprise data management capability through the Nautical Information System (NIS), which provides a single data repository for data ingestion, validation and editing, and maintenance and S-57 object data models that can be deployed to provide chart and cell updates to associated products
- Automatic updates to multiple datasets from edits to a central database
- Enterprise publishing, visualization, and analysis via ESRI’s leading desktop and server ArcGIS capability Nautical Solution also makes workflow and data processing more streamlined through a series of new utilities including
- Notice to Mariners (NTM) input parsing for application of U.S. NTM
- Management of topology and primitives for S-57 and VPF formats
- Relationship management tools for advanced nautical entity control
- Advanced query and edit tools tailored to nautical data
- Cartographic management of complex nautical symbols, labels, and chart elements
Components for quality control, cartographic product generation, a single-click environment, and workflow management are also included as part of the Nautical Solution: GIS Data ReViewer ( www.esri.com/pltsreviewer), Map Production System—Atlas ( www.esri.com/pltsmps), Foundation Tools ( www.esri.com/pltsfoundation), and Job Tracking for ArcGIS (JTX) ( www.esri.com/jobtracking).
This new release of Nautical Solution builds upon the foundation work ESRI has been doing since 1994 on DNC databases as well as Harbor Approach and Coastal chart cartographic products.
National hydrographic offices and institutions, their contractors, commercial chart producers, and naval commands can use Nautical Solution to create and maintain quality data for analysis and chart production that meets nautical specifications. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has selected Nautical Solution for its new enterprise nautical charting system www.esri.com/prnoaa.
Since 1969, ESRI has been giving customers around the world the power to think and plan geographically. The market leader in GIS, ESRI software is used in more than 300,000 organizations worldwide including each of the 200 largest cities in the United States, most national governments, more than two-thirds of Fortune 500 companies, and more than 7,000 colleges and universities. ESRI applications, running on more than one million desktops and thousands of Web and enterprise servers, provide the backbone for the world’s mapping and spatial analysis. ESRI is the only vendor that provides complete technical solutions for desktop, mobile, server, and Internet platforms. Visit www.esri.com.
Tel.: 909-793-2853, extension 1-3491
E-mail: Email Contact