With, once again, primary support from Oracle Corporation, the 1Spatial Conference 2008 aims to be the year's premier event focussed on the transformation, management and quality control of spatial data. Based around the theme of 1 Source of Truth’ the conference will highlight the topics of Simplifying the Supply Chain and Data Certification. Specifically the conference will:
- Explore the efficient use and re-use of spatial data across organisations, in line with the EC Directive on Public Sector Information Re-use
- Address the growing phenomenon of CAD and GIS convergence and the data management issues this presents
- Discuss effective data access and sharing across the spatial data supply chain
- Stimulate debate for delegates involved in establishing Spatial Data Infrastructures, such as INSPIRE
- Provide a forum for special interest groups across the Spatial Data Industry to meet and debate focussed issues
- Present delegates with an insight into all aspects of spatial data management and current best practices, including updates on such issues as Open Standards and the work of the OGC
Once again the 1Spatial Conference will host the annual 1Spatial Community meeting. This group comprises 1Spatial users, practitioners and partner organisations bonded not only though their relationship with 1Spatial, but also through their commitment to interoperable, standards-based, spatial data management.
It promises to be, for the second year running, an authoritative event in the Spatial Data Management Calendar, The full conference programme will be announced in the coming weeks.
What was said about the 2007 1Spatial Conference:
Geoff Zeiss, Director of Technology Enterprise Solutions, Infrastructure Solutions Division, Autodesk:
"Many thanks for all your help in Southampton. It really was a great meeting. I would say the pre-eminent geospatial event in the UK and one of the top events across Europe."
Jeff Thurston, Editor, Vector1 Magazine:
"The 1Spatial Conference brings together key individuals and companies who are at the forefront of spatial data quality issues within the industry. This conference addressed the issue of 'Fit for Purpose' which resulted in robust discussions about spatial data quality, reuseability and enterprise processes integral to economic success."
Registration will soon be open, but in the meantime for sponsorship details or to register your interest in attending the event, please contact us at: Email Contact
For more information please contact Chloe Rooney.
Tel: +44 (0)1223 420414,
Fax: +44 (0)1223 420044