Leading Location Intelligence Solution Offers Support for Microsoft .NET and New Customization Functionality for More Powerful Data Analysis
Troy, NY, June 11, 2008— Pitney Bowes MapInfo, the leading global provider of location intelligence solutions, today announced the release of MapInfo Professional® 9.5, the latest version of the company’s flagship application for business mapping and analysis. The new version offers additional data editing and creation tools, supports Oracle ® Database 11g and Microsoft ® SQL Server 2008, and provides workgroup enablement features for greater IT support.
“The locations of our network infrastructure, employees, customers and competitors are critical elements in deciding where to grow the business and how to better service our subscribers,” said Jim Richmond, director of corporate communications, Cellular South. “MapInfo Professional enables us to more efficiently map expansion plans across a number of departments, including engineering, sales and marketing. With its support for more industry standards and a broader spectrum of CAD tools, we rely on MapInfo Professional in all of our departments to help us improve customer service and more intelligently expand our service offerings.”
“More organizations are realizing the value of location-based analysis when making critical decisions,” said Jeff Vining, government research vice president, Gartner. “With the new database integration capabilities, improved collaboration functionality and greater ease of use, businesses and government agencies will likely become more reliant on location intelligence tools in strategic planning and analysis.”
MapInfo Professional is a powerful and user-friendly mapping and location analysis application, enabling organizations to leverage location-based information to make more insightful business and operational decisions. Users now have greater access to data editing tools, support for the latest versions of the leading database products and the ability to share custom-made templates with improved map clarity. MapInfo Professional 9.5 offers:
- Improved Data Creation and Editing: MapInfo Professional 9.5 features more than 40 new data editing tools, enabling customers to create geographic data for better asset management and improved analysis.
- Increased Database Support: MapInfo Professional supports Oracle Database 11g and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 , allowing users to leverage more data sources when analyzing location-based information.
- Greater Ease of Use : MapInfo Professional 9.5 allows multiple users to share customizable files, including custom symbols and thematic templates, making cross department collaboration a reality.
- Higher Quality Maps : New tools such as vector translucency and anti-aliasing allow users to create better looking maps for more detailed analysis.
- Greater Programming Language Support : MapInfo Professional 9.5 now supports .NET programming language, enabling customers to use Visual Studio for greater flexibility when deploying resources to automate common organizational tasks.
- Increased Support for Industry Standards : MapInfo Professional 9.5 provides organizations with access to Open Geospatial Consortium’s Web Feature Service – with support for Transactions (WFS-T), making it easier to combine and update business and location data in a single environment.