Boston, MA (USA) -- July 22, 2008 -- Caliper Corporation, a worldwide leader in GIS, transportation and
mapping software, is pleased to announce a detailed data product for Australia. These data allow the creation of maps down to local level areas for anywhere in Australia. This product is free with software orders shipped to Australia, or costs US$195 internationally.
The Australian Data Disk ships with a Map Library that makes it easy to quickly create attractive maps for any location. Also included is a single nationwide layer of the 300,000+ Australian mesh blocks, the smallest geographic area available, allowing you to effectively map population, households, and land use.
This is the complete list of new layers:
- Postal Areas, POA, 2006
- Mesh Blocks, 2006
- Collection Districts, 2006
- Statistical Local Areas, 2007
- Statistical Subdivisions, 2007
- Statistical Divisions, 2007
- State and Territories 2007
- Statistical Districts, 2007
- Local Government Areas, 2007
- Statistical Region Sectors, 2007
- Statistical Regions, 2007
- Major Statistical Regions, 2007
- Urban Centres and Localities, 2006
- Section of States, 2006
- Section of State Ranges, 2006
- Remoteness Areas, 2006
- State Suburbs, SSC, 2006
- Commonwealth Electoral Divisions, 2004
- Commonwealth Electoral Divisions, 2007
- State Electoral Divisions, 2006
- Indigenous Regions, 2006
- Indigenous Areas, 2006
- Indigenous Locations, 2006
- Australian Capital Territory Landmark Areas
- Australian Capital Territory Landmark Points
- Australian Capital Territory Street Lines
- Australian Capital Territory Rail Lines
With the new Australian data you can map your own information at any of the various administrative or postal boundary levels provided. You can use any of the wide range of geographic analysis tools and methods in Maptitude and TransCAD to, for example, create custom districts/territories based on these new Australian area layers. The additional data, such as population, households, and land use provide background and contextual information that is valuable for mapping and analysis at any scale.
The data permit locating by postcode and mapping by postal geography. The data do not permit locating (geocoding) by address. For example, these data will allow you to plot locations based on postcode and to visualize variables by postal area, such as your sales against total dwellings.
Maptitude supports a wide range of projection and datum conversions for Australasia.
A single user license of the Australian Data is US$195. The data are free for new software orders shipped to Australian customers. Please visit the data area of the Caliper web site http://www.caliper.com/DataCDs/AustralianData.htm or contact Caliper Sales at 1-617-527-4700 or Email Contact to learn more or to place an order. Web licensing and site licenses are also available upon request.
Caliper Corporation www.caliper.com is a leading developer of packaged and custom GIS products, including Maptitude and TransCAD. Caliper GIS mapping software is used by more than 70,000 users in over 70 countries
1172 Beacon Street
Suite 300, Newton
MA, 02461-9926, USA
E-mail: Email Contact
Web site: http://www.caliper.com