Final Details Announced for Conference 2008
Aylesbury ― October 29, 2008 ― ESRI (UK) Ltd. has announced that more than 1,500 GIS professionals were expected to attend its European, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) Conference from over 60 countries, making it the largest-ever GIS event in the UK. The conference will take place 28–30 October 2008 at London’s QEII Conference Centre and will showcase over 100 innovative examples of GIS from across EMEA and reveal technology developments all under the conference theme of GIS for Everyday Life.
Jack Dangermond, president and founder of ESRI, will give the opening presentation at the plenary entitled GIS: Geography in Action. In addition to outlining how GIS is helping save resources, making organisations more efficient, supporting decision making, and creating more sustainable action around the world, Dangermond will also discuss the rise of Web GIS and how it changes the way people communicate and collaborate.
Other technical highlights include
- Technology plenary presentation by ESRI (UK)’s Technical Solutions Group, using a simulation exercise to show how GIS can help across all aspects of flood mitigation and management.
- ESRI technical specialists outlining the latest developments and products, including the ArcGIS future roadmap during the Technical Tracks on days two and three. The full schedule is available
- Sessions on GIS fundamentals for newer GIS users; how ESRI solutions can help across a business; developing in an ESRI environment; and best practice tips to get the most out of ESRI technology.
- A Partner Exhibition, home to 50 exhibitors from ESRI’s business partners including NAVTEQ, IBM, ITT, Trimble, Perceptive Software, and Sigma Seven.
- Demonstration showcases on Pictometry, ArcLogistics, TrafficFlow, LocatorHub, InstantAtlas, LocalView, and many more.
- A Map Gallery showing best-in-class GIS applications from around EMEA.
- An Innovation Lab showcasing ESRI (UK)’s product innovation and visionary thinking.
For those interested in attending who have not yet registered, there will still be an opportunity to register at the conference. Visit www.gisforeverydaylife.com for further details.
About ESRI (UK)
ESRI (UK) ( www.esriuk.com) is part of the global ESRI network. With the single largest pool of GIS expertise in the UK, the company is the technical authority on GIS. ESRI (UK) provides solutions, technology, and services including off-the-shelf applications built on the ArcGIS software suite and an extensive range of consulting and training services.
Its offerings meet a range of business needs in different markets including business, local and central government, public safety, defence, utilities, and telecommunications as well as catering to system integrators and application developers through the ESRI Developer Network.
ESRI (UK)’s customers include both public-sector clients, such as Leeds City Council, Metropolitan Police, DCLG, and the Environment Agency, and businesses including RSA Group, Thames Water, and the AA.
By building a deep understanding of its customers’ needs, ESRI (UK) is able to help businesses become more profitable and public service more efficient through the better use of GIS. This process of enhancing sustainable business growth by developing solutions with the power to anticipate and meet industry specific requirements is known as visionary thinking.
Tel: 44 1296 745 500
E-mail: Email Contact