YARMOUTH, Maine - November 18, 2008 - DeLorme, the innovation leader in mapping, GIS and GPS technology, today announced the release of its first upgrade for XMap 6 users, a free service patch update designated as XMap 6.1. Key features include new or enhanced support for AutoCAD, MrSID, and the DeLorme Earthmate PN-40 handheld GPS, plus a high value data download subscription offer.
The XMap 6.1 service patch is available for download at www.xmap.com/update. The free upgrade includes the following new features:
- Center on map Zoom level option
- Choose geometry selection highlight color
- Configurable: large layer definition, and zoom level and count display for query results
- Choose Query Attribute effect and Map Effect
The release of XMap 6.1 consolidates DeLorme’s unique market position as a provider of practical GIS solutions that are within reach of corporations and agencies of all sizes and budgets.
XMap is used by a wide variety of GIS professionals for a broad range of applications, including:
- Oil & Gas Energy – asset management, GPS navigation, field data collection
- Wind Energy – site assessment, wind resource analysis, community collaboration
- Public Safety – search and rescue, evacuation planning, fire and crime analysis
- Environmental and Natural Resource Management – site assessments, habitat studies, back-country GPS navigation
- Insurance – damage assessment, in-vehicle GPS navigation, demographic and market analysis
- Real Estate – appraisal comparisons, listing database management, property mapping
- Local Government- tax parcel mapping, public works management, zoning and code enforcement
Located in Yarmouth, Maine, DeLorme is the longtime leader in innovative mapping and GPS solutions for both consumer and professional markets. DeLorme digital products are rooted in the XMap development platform, which is scalable for future growth and endorsed by millions of dedicated digital mapping software users worldwide. The DeLorme business model transforms innovative technologies into affordable and easy-to-use navigation and mapping products. For more information, visit www.xmap.com.
Tel.: 207-846-7000 ext. 2329
E-mail: Email Contact