April 06, 2009 — (Park Ridge, IL) – The deadline to participate in URISA’s Student Paper Competition is rapidly approaching (May 1, 2009). The competition is open to all eligible students but particularly those interested in careers using GIS, information technology, geospatial technology, planning and/or community development.
URISA will award students cash prizes for best student-authored papers. Winners will be recognized at the URISA Annual Conference in Anaheim, California, September 29-October 2, 2009.
The following types of papers are encouraged:
- Comprehensive literature review on a spatial technology and its application.
- Application of spatial statistics.
- Application of an implemented spatial technology and its demonstrable impact on a public or private sector organization.
- Treatment and development of spatial technologies and theory.
- First Place - $500 cash. Free conference registration and recognition at the URISA Annual Conference in Anaheim, CA. Paper may be published in the URISA Journal.
- Second Place - $300 cash. Free conference registration. Paper may be published in the URISA Journal.
- Third Place - $150 cash. Free conference registration. Paper may be published in the URISA Journal.
Only papers meeting the evaluation criteria will be considered. Further information regarding eligibility, submission criteria, prizes, and policies are available on the URISA website at http://www.urisa.org/student_paper_competition.
Executive Director - URISA
E-mail: Email Contact