April 7, 2009 — (Park Ridge, IL) – Nominations for URISA’s GIS Hall of Fame must be submitted by May 1, 2009. The Hall of Fame recognizes and honors the best in GIS. Started in 2005, the URISA Hall of Fame documents the contributions made by key individuals. URISA welcomes nominations from any profession and is not restricted to those having a past or current relationship with URISA. This award is not given every year, and some years there may be multiple recipients.
The selection criteria for this honor are:
- At least 25 years of sustained professional involvement in the GIS field.
- Original and creative contributions to the field.
- Well known and respected by a wide range of peers.
- Consistent demonstration of sound professional and personal ethics.
- 2005 Inductees: Edgar Horwood, Ian McHarg, Roger Tomlinson, Jack Dangermond, Nancy Tosta, and the Harvard Lab
- 2006 Inductee: Dr. Gary Hunter
- 2007 Inductees: Don Cooke and Michael Goodchild
Executive Director - URISA
E-mail: Email Contact