…New ArcGIS Server Module, WQX/STORET integration, Spider Diagrams, Pushed Crosstabs…
July 27, 2009 — EarthSoft last week released its fourth major EQuIS 5 release, EQuIS 5.4, with significant new functionality, features and modules. EQuIS 5.4 provides WQX and STORET integration for several large state government clients, a new ArcGIS Server module, and a .NET version of EQuIS for ArcGIS. Limnology and geotechnical data structure extensions are integrated into the EQuIS 5 schema from LakeWatch and DIGGS development efforts. EarthSoft clients with Maintenance Agreements will receive over a million dollars of innovation for a small fraction of the development costs. EQuIS 5.4 offers greater productivity, improved efficiencies, increased security and enhanced flexibility.
EarthSoft added several new clients in Q2 09 including a large Enterprise Oracle system at Washington DOT where EQuIS was declared a “Premier System” and purchased with a sole source agreement in only six months. Other new or upgraded clients in Q2 included County of Sacramento, Washoe County, and Skagit County. EarthSoft recognized its fifteenth year of business operations in May 2009.
The majority of the EQuIS for ArcGIS code base has been streamlined and migrated to Microsoft's .NET framework from Visual Basic 6, which ESRI will no longer officially support in ArcGIS 9.4. EQuIS 5 Professional 5.3.3 was the last release supporting EQuIS 3 project databases in ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap/ArcScene) versions 9.1 and 9.2.
EnviroInsite Spider Diagrams are now accessible via the EQuIS for ArcGIS toolbar in ArcMap. EnviroInsite version 6 or later is required.
EQuIS Version 5.4 has new features making Professional more intuitive. These include:
- Crosstabs can be served and pushed from EZView and EIA.
- Action Levels can include minimum, maximum and warning levels. New fields to specify seasonal action levels, based on the month chosen, are added and can be applied to all facilities, one facility, or a facility group. Method specific Action Levels are available.
- EDP can export reference values as Microsoft Excel workbook files, so that each RT_TABLE is exported into a separate spreadsheet.
- The Google Earth 3D Action Level report allowing individually displayed chemicals from multiple action levels.
- The Analytical Results (Aggregate) Pie Charts, based on the existing Analytical Results (Aggregate) report.
- The Google Earth 3D Cylinder report includes display of water levels, and can adjust the height of vertical cylinders with a multiplier and a constant.
EarthSoft Training Manager Sarah Wright compiled her favorite Top Ten new features in EQuIS 5.4, and these are:
- Crosstab By Sum
- Crosstab exports with Excel Templates
- Publish Crosstab designs to EQuIS
- Templates in XY Charts
- Action Level Improvements – several
- Action Level Reports – Select action level units or report result unit conversions
- Additional 'Value Added Reports' – i.e. Google Earth, Trend Plot reports
- EQuIS 5 Facility Import Tool
- EDP Export Templates – export includes reference values
- Facility Group Queries
EarthSoft CEO Mitch Beard said “Release 5.4 provides significant innovation based on feedback from many of our clients. We want to thank our clients and especially our Power Users for their ongoing support, advice and assistance. EarthSoft continues to focus on technical data management for environmental, limnology, geotechnical, geological, and other specific data markets. There are also new emerging data markets requiring innovation and specialization. EarthSoft has a strong sales forecast, and several new states may use EQuIS for WQX, vapor air, SDWIS, and other data types.”