Oakland, CA August 6, 2009 -- Integrity Logic today announced the release of Geology TX, the Texas version of the GIS (Geographic Information System) for the iPhone platform. This initial release focuses on the geology of Texas, and
contains 21 layers of information, which can be superimposed, mixed and rearranged in any desired combination.
"We've received lots of feedback from the users of Geology CA, and the consensus is clear: people want more states and more data", said Max Tardiveau, president and founder of Integrity Logic. "The iPhone is really perfect for this type of application, so we're going to continue on this path, and expand the suite of applications."
Like its sister application Geology CA, which covers California, Geology TX contains a number of data layers which can be combined and moved in any desired way:
- geological map from the U.S. Geological Service
- states outline of Texas and adjacent states
- land elevation from NASA
- ocean bathymetry from the U.S. Geological Service
- all 92 Texas earthquakes in recorded history with a magnitude of 3.0 or greater
- recent and ancient faults
- county lines, USGS quadrangles, UTM zones, state plane zones
- urban areas, hydrological features
- cities, roads and railroad tracks
- active mines and quarries
- all available potassium/argon dates
- vegetation zones
- river basins
- main aquifers
Geology TX is a completely self-contained application, which does not require any Internet access. This is critical for anyone who needs access to this information when out of cellular range, in the field.
Geology TX can use the iPhone's built-in GPS and the iPod's location service, and can also capture high-definitions maps, which can be retrieved from the device's photo album.
The application is available immediately in the Apple App Store and is priced for a limited time at $4.99.
About Integrity Logic
Integrity Logic is a software and consulting services company founded in 2003.