February 01, 2010 — CDR is pleased to announce the release of version 2 of HS Gridder for MapInfo. The popular Hotspot and Temporal Analysis tool has been enhanced in response to user feedback and improvements to MapInfo Professional.
The list of new features are:-
Aoristic Select function - select records (aoristic/rigid) by:
- Specific Date/Time Range (e.g. occurred between 01/01/09 - 31/01/09)
- Continuous Weekday/Hour Range (e.g. occurred between Friday 17:00 - Monday 07:00)
- Arbitrary Weekday/Hour Choice (e.g. occurred between 07:00-15:00 on a Mon, Wed or Sat)
- Set colours for hotspot surfaces and time chart
- Set 'time break' value for temporal chart
- Set default names for date/time columns to match your data
- Set default folder location for output files
- Run a hotspot/temporal analysis from your own MapBasic program by using a simple settings text file
No limit on the number of input points - tested on 1 million points (previously limited to 32,767).
Added 'translucency' option for hotspot layer.
Enhanced time graph styles retrieve information about settings used to create the hotspot layer.
HS Gridder writes metadata to the tab file, and there is a new menu item to view this information.
Works with MapInfo Professional v9.0 and above.