March 04, 2010 -- The Norwegian software development company myVR Software AS has been selected as the viewing technology provider for Eniro’s new map platform for 3D StreetView’s. The company is now implementing the myVR technology in Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland.
Mapping services are becoming more and more popular among internet users. Today’s competitive market is driving the need for adding more and more functionality to their map offerings. One example is 3D-StreetView. Eniro’s initiative with 3D StreetView imagery is a step in this direction to enhance the usability of their online maps.
- We are of the opinion that the recipe for success is usability and a great selection of useful functions. Eniro’s mapping service aims to be the most important online toolbox for all kind of online maps, says Jan Erik Theien, product manager for www.Gulesider.no at Eniro, Norway.
3D StreetView in Nordic cities
Eniro Norway has for many years provided both orthophoto and oblique images in their online maps. Now, they have added 3D StreetView imagery for all the major cities in the Nordic region.
With 3D StreetView you can navigate the map through 3600 images with a 3D experience. This can be useful when you are looking for real estate and want to take a closer look at the neighborhood, or if you are going for a hotel vacation and want to familiarize yourself before arrival.
- The Streeview images where taken during last summer and is an addition to the oblique images we have had in our map service for many years. The Streetview images are a part of the improved and enhanced offering to complement our map service, says Theien.
Selected myVR Software
The Nordic corporation that runs online services like eniro.se, eniro.dk, Krak.dk, gulesider.no and eniro.fi, is using the myVR StreetView technology for all its map solutions across the Nordic region.
- We selected myVR’s solution based upon the combination of functionality and quality. The technology provides us with high resolution display at high speed. This is an important contribution to a great user experience says Mattias Nyman, Nordic Business Development Manager in Eniro.
Unique technology and image quality
myVR Software patented technology platform enables high-resolution real-time interactive network streaming of 3D geometry and graphics over networks with even limited bandwidth (+256kbps) on any client platform.
The new viewing technology enables powerful and glossy web presentations with 3D navigation in streetview.
- In addition to that myVR’s flash based 3D StreetView technology handles images at a very high resolution it also includes a unique 3D navigation that makes the user experience and interaction both easier and more intuitive, comments Rune Fjellvang, CEO in myVR Software.
The special streaming technology, ”Smart tile” format is designed to automatically adjusts itself to the local hardware resources available so it will work even on older computers, while maintaining the high resolution and the “3D experience”.
The new flash based solution is very flexible and easy to configure, integrate and modify. The customers own web designers can easily modify and quickly integrate the solution into their own web pages. The same goes for how it’s presented and with configurable navigation.
The new 3D Viewing platform from myVR Software enables and enhances the user experience and with myVR 3D StreetView, the intuitive and interactive functionality contributes to increasing end user engagement.
- Our 3D technology platform opens for many new possibilities, and we clearly see that the market is discovering new business opportunities related to our powerful tools for the online 3D mapping market. We have just seen the start of an exciting new development when it comes to online maps, concludes Rune Fjellvang.
myVR software AS was founded in August 2003 after years with research and development projects on 3D distribution and viewing technology.
myVR Software is a technology development company that licenses our patented real time 3D VR distribution and real time rendering technology to other industries such as; Oil & Gas, Building & Construction, government, Web Portals as well as to other traditional and emerging digital markets.
myVR Software patented technology platform enables high-resolution real-time interactive network streaming of 3D geometry and graphics over networks with even limited bandwidth (+256kbps) on any client platform including mobile (OpenGL ES).
Our vision is to provide a versatile state of the art technology platform that makes is possible to bring real time large scale 3D model viewing into the real world. This is the only way to maximize the ROI of existing 3D investments as well as dramatically improve the visual communication and understanding for everyone.
For more information: