Monmouth Junction, NJ – March 22, 2010. MapText, Inc., the leader in cartographic text placement software, announced today the release a new version of GeoLabel Pro, the company’s integrated and easy-to-use text placement solution. The new version provides new functionality including full Unicode support and is compatible with both GeoMedia and ArcGIS.
Since its inception, GeoLabel Pro has been popular among organizations in need of easy-to-use label placement solutions. Originally GeoLabel Pro was only compatible with Intergraph’s GeoMedia platform. Due to the high demand from the GIS community and feedback from organizations that use several GIS systems across numerous departments and projects, MapText decided to develop a multi-GIS version of the software.
GeoLabel Pro offers dynamic and static labeling modes and also a suite of post-editing tools for generating aesthetically pleasing maps.
GeoLabel Pro shares the same powerful labeling engine as MapText’s flagship product Label-EZ. It provides users with an intuitive user interface for setting up labeling rules and styles with ease. The various placement capabilities for line, point, and area features are illustrated by descriptive pictograms.
The key characteristics of GeoLabel Pro include:
- Full integration with GeoMedia, GeoMedia Pro, and ArcGIS
- Optimized placement with obstacle avoidance across all feature layers
- Dynamic text placement mode for on-screen viewing — optimal placement in window with no text cut-off at edges
- Static text placement mode for printed maps
- Post-editing tools for high-quality publication maps
Some of the many configurable placement rules are:
- For line features: Placing labels above, below or within the casing of the line – following the shape of line feature, stacking, spreading words, repeating labels, highway shields based on attributes, etc.
- For point features: Nine selectable text positions, stacking, allowing or disallowing labels to cross lines, etc.
- For area features: Text can be fully or partially inside the feature, placed horizontally or along the dominant angle of the polygon, etc.
- Automatic leader line placement, font reduction and other options.
MapText is the leading label-placement solutions provider for local, state, and national government mapping agencies worldwide. Its software places text automatically for virtually any kind of map or chart – to high cartographic standards and at incredible speed. The software is in use worldwide for making city street maps, highway maps, cadastral maps, soil maps, utility maps, as well as nautical and aeronautical charts. For more information, visit our website at www.maptext.com.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION contact:
MapText Sales Department
Email. Email Contact