LOUISVILLE, Ky., U.S.A. (Sept. 3, 2010) – Carlson Software will be “partnering” those attending its third annual User Conference with the world, thanks to a new slate of exhibitors that will be featured throughout this year’s event.
Slated to be held Sunday through Wednesday, November 7 to 10, in Louisville, Kentucky, U.S.A., Carlson’s User Conference this year will feature ongoing demonstrations and question-and-answer periods by nine different companies at booths located conveniently to the classrooms.
Exhibitors include the following:
- Turning Point Systems Group (TPSGroup), which is headquartered in Wisconsin and serves the Great Lakes region, provides consultative sales, rentals and training of 3D data collection products and laser scanning systems for Reality Capturing. Its staff offers experience in the sales of Measuring, GPS and GIS technologies.
- The Sidwell Company, located in Illinois, is an industry leader of GIS solutions for cadastral mapping and land-records management, and a provider of aerial photography, photogrammetric, and software development services. The company is becoming nationally known for its GIS services, mapping, solutions, and professional support.
- SATEL Survey is a SATEL USA company with headquarters in Cupertino, California. Dedicated specifically to meeting the needs of RTK GPS/GNSS users in land survey, agriculture, and construction in the Americas, SATEL Survey product line is comprised of industry compatible long-range rugged communication solutions for mobile and permanent RTK applications.
- Holman’s Inc., headquartered in New Mexico, specializes in sales, service and support of advanced enterprise computing (PC and Macintosh), workstations, servers, mobile and color printers, large-format printers/plotters, scanners, GPS / GIS surveying equipment and supplies, maps, technical books and related supply and accessory items. Holman’s has been providing the Federal government with GPS, Surveying products, training, and service since 1955.
- Grontmij Nederland B.V. is a leading sustainable design, engineering and management consultancy active in the growth markets of water, energy, transportation and sustainable planning and design. Grontmij is the fourth largest engineering consultancy in Europe with almost 300 offices across the region and a further 50 offices globally.
- SurveyorCentral.com is a new Carlson College member and dedicated to the diverse needs of land surveyors by providing a focused solution that allows them to obtain products, services and content in a user-friendly manner through their web site. They will be offering both live and web-based training for Carlson Software.
- NavCom Technology Inc., a John Deere Company that is headquartered in California, is a leading provider of advanced GPS products for OEMs, VARs and system integrators needing high performance RTK systems, global decimeter level GPS satellite corrections, geodetic quality GPS receivers, wireless communication products and engineering consulting in the areas of precise positioning, wireless communications and robotics.
- Hayes Instrument Co. is a Carlson dealer as well as factory authorized distributors and service center for Topcon, Nikon, Sokkia, and TDS and other vendors of surveying supplies. Serving the Southeast for more than 30 years, Hayes Instrument is now a national supplier of surveying instruments, accessories and supplies.
- Cheves Media/Spatial Media is the publisher of The American Surveyor, GISuser.com, machinecontrolonline.com. They will be covering the Carlson Software User Conference, looking for story ideas from those attending, and showing all attending the variety of ways to get information from their many media outlets.
“While those attending will be getting incredible information about how to utilize Carlson Software options to their fullest at this year’s User Conference,” says Bob Bailey, Carlson director of Sales, “they will also have the opportunity to ask questions and learn more about complementary manufacturers and services with our nine exhibitors.”
Registration ( www.carlsonsw.com/conference) is now open with track options including: SurvCE/Field, Survey, Civil, Construction, 3D Model Building & BIM, Machine Control, Mining and Electives, with classes devoted to Carlson Point Cloud, Carlson GIS, IntelliCAD, and also Carlson Working with Esri. Note that more emphasis has been given to the rising disciplines of model building and machine control in this year's class schedule with the addition of two tracks devoted entirely to those subjects.
The main classes are scheduled for Monday and Tuesday, Nov. 8 and 9. New this year, Wednesday, Nov. 10, is dedicated to Point Cloud demonstrations on scanning equipment by select manufacturers. This is free for conference attendees. In addition, for law enforcement personnel or consultants, special CSI (Carlson Software Investigation) Mobile and CSI Office classes will be held throughout the day on Wednesday.
The early bird conference cost, through Oct. 15, of $695 includes a Sunday reception, breakfast, lunch and snacks on Monday and Tuesday, and a Monday night banquet. The event will be held in the Brown Hotel in Louisville, Ky., which is a hub of Southwest Airlines. For more information about the Carlson Software User Conference, visit www.carlsonsw.com/conference or call 800-989-5028.
About Carlson Software. Founded in 1983, Carlson Software is a privately owned and operated company specializing in CAD design software, field data collection, and machine control products for the surveying, civil engineering, construction, and mining industries worldwide. Carlson Software, which is based in Maysville, Ky., is praised for its ease of use combined with its state-of-the-art technological innovation and is renowned for its strong, personal customer service.