New property risk reports incorporate Pictometry’s aerial imagery and interactive measurement tools layered with highly accurate hazard data
NEW YORK — (BUSINESS WIRE) — April 12, 2011 — Pictometry Online™, a web-based technology offering a vast library of 3-D-like, high resolution aerial images, now provides Property Hazard Reports to help insurance professionals quickly and accurately identify potential risks relative to a property or structure.
Introducing a distinct advantage to insurers who need accurate, visual and timely risk assessment, Pictometry’s Property Hazard Reports provide insurance agents and companies with an advanced level of risk assessment on hazards, including floods, earthquakes and hurricanes—enabling them to improve risk decisions.
“Effective risk assessment doesn’t mean spending hours upon hours on-site or poring over countless images of the property to identify hazards—it’s about using the right tools to accurately assess potential problems,” said Kevin Reilley, President of Pictometry Business Solutions. “Pictometry enables insurance professionals to spend less time in the field, accelerate the time needed to complete important paperwork, and spend more time developing new business.”
Providing more than 140 million continuously updated images of commercial and residential properties, Pictometry enables insurance professionals to easily generate a hazard report that includes information on the property, community, buildings and hazard information all from one source and all from the convenience of a computer.
Property Hazard Reports that are currently available include:
- Flood Hazard Report: provides an advanced level of risk assessment on river line and coastal surge flooding.
- Earthquake Hazard Report: gives the underwriter a simple, quantitative score to evaluate the overall earthquake risk for a given location.
- Brushfire Hazard Report: offers the first comprehensive tool for accurately assessing the brushfire risk along the wildland urban interface (WUI).
- Coastal Storm Surge Hazard Report: provides an increase in overall granularity by combining five data sets; Coastal Surge Risk, Hurricane Propensity, Coastal Water Feature, Mainland Determination and Elevation, into an easy to use and understand scoring method.
- Damaging Winds Hazard Report: enables insurance companies and corporate risk managers to better understand the potential for wind losses.
- Hail Hazard Report: provides underwriters with risk category and annual frequency of occurrence information, which is used to determine policy hail risks and set rates.
- Fire Station and Response Report: compiles fire station locations and fire response areas that have been incorporated into a standardized, annually updated, national and digital database.
- Windpool Eligibility Report: shows whether or not the address entered falls into the state defined wind pool area.
For additional information or to schedule a demonstration, please visit http://bit.ly/pictoinsurancepr1 or call 888-532-0296.
About Pictometry Online™
Pictometry is a leading provider of geo-referenced aerial, oblique image libraries and related software. With customers throughout the U.S. and licensing partners around the globe, Pictometry uses a proprietary image capture process to produce Pictometry Intelligent Images®, so you can See Everywhere, Measure Anything, Plan Everything.®