Now available on HP mobile workstations, HP Performance Advisor, an intuitive user interface, helps keep applications running smoothly, while optimizing configuration and graphics performance.
The HP EliteBook 8760w and 8560w offer an 8-cell primary battery, while the HP EliteBook 8460w offers 6- and 9-cell options for extended battery run time. All models include an HP Long Life Battery option. The mobile workstations also are compatible with the new HP Extended Life Notebook Battery and HP Ultra-Capacity Notebook Battery, which offer external battery supplies for additional run time.
Productivity tools and components
The new mobile workstations offer HP Professional Innovations, including HP QuickWeb 3,(10) HP Power Assistant,(11) HP Connection Manager and HP ProtectTools,(12) which includes standard drive encryption for data protection. SRS Premium Sound also provides optimized audio settings for voice and multimedia applications and delivers an audio experience for digital content creators or users listening to media-rich content and presenting multimedia-heavy presentations.
Pricing and availability(13)
The HP EliteBook 8760w, 8560w and 8460w start at $1,899, $1,349 and $1,299 respectively, and are expected to be available in the United States in May.
More information about the products, including product specifications and images, is available at www.hp.com/personal.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure at the convergence of the cloud and connectivity, creating seamless, secure, context-aware experiences for a connected world. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Source: IDC, Worldwide Workstation Tracker, Q4 2010
(2) HD content required to view HD images.
(3) HP Elitebook 8560w with AMD graphics card will not be ENERGY STAR® compliant.
(4) Up to 1 GB may not be available with 32-bit operating systems due to system resource requirements.
(5) HP Elitebook 8760w with DreamColor panel cannot be configured with WWAN.
(6) 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel® 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. See www.intel.com/info/em64t for more information. Dual/Quad- Core is designed to improve performance of multithreaded software products and hardware-aware multitasking operating systems and may require appropriate operating system software for full benefit. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(7) Some functionality of Intel vPro, such as Intel Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requires additional 3rd party software in order to run. Availability of future "virtual appliances" applications for vPro technologies is dependent on 3rd party software providers. Compatibility with future "virtual appliances", Microsoft Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems is yet to be determined.
(8) Support for 5 monitors requires separately purchased HP Advanced Docking Station.
(9) Testing was not intended to demonstrate fitness for DOD contracts requirements or for military use. Test results are not a guarantee of future performance under these test conditions.
(10) HP QuickLook 3 is accessible when the notebook is off and requires Microsoft Windows based systems and Microsoft Outlook. Timing may vary depending on the system configuration. To enable the feature following the removal of the battery, reboot the notebook prior to subsequent use.
(11) Power calculations and cost calculations are estimates. Results will vary based on variables, which include information provided by the user, time PC is in different power states (on, standby, hibernate, off), time PC is on battery or AC, hardware configuration, variable electricity rates and utilities provider. HP advises customers to use information reported by HP Power Assistant for reference only and to validate impact in their environment. Environmental calculations were based on U.S. EPA eGrid 2007 data found at www.epa.gov/egrid/. Regional results will vary. Requires Microsoft Windows.
(12) HP ProtectTools requires Microsoft Windows.
(13) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and
other countries. AMD is a trademark or registered trademark of Advanced
Micro Devices, Inc.