Vienna / Munich, February 2011: The companies Wien ENERGIE Stromnetz GmbH and WIEN ENERGIE Gasnetz GmbH (electricity and gas distribution of Vienna) decide to migrate from SICAD/open to ArcFM UT – both are products of the company AED-SICAD AG.
The target of the introduction of ArcFM UT is to advance the network documentation to a modern software basis and to continue consistently with the already in 2008 by WIEN ENERGIE made decision to implement ESRI ArcGIS base technology.
Within the project Gasnetz GmbH will upgrade also the already very successfully used software components for the SAP integration from AED-SICAD to the latest version of the ArcFM UT Integrator EAI. This SAP-PM integration was already implemented back in 2007 and has greatly increased the weight of the network information system of the Gasnetz GmbH not only within asset management but also in the entire enterprise.
For Stromnetz GmbH one of the project objectives is – besides lifting up the existing data to the new software solution - to generate again efficient overview maps using the fully integrated product ArcFM UT Generalization. These overview maps serve the foremen in the field to carry out safe maintenance work based on fully up-to-date maps.
AED-SICAD Aktiengesellschaft will take over the role of prime contractor in this project. The project will be accompanied by the GIS experts of the IT service provider, the WienIT EDV Dienstleistungsgesellschaft mbH & Co KG. The program coordination for the project is carried out by SIEMENS SIS Vienna.
About Wien ENERGIE Gasnetz
Wien Energie Gasnetz, with more than 100 years of experience in network construction and about 700 000 customers the largest gas distribution utilities of Austria, is offering to his customers an especially secure and modern gas network. Thanks to most innovative pipe, laying and inspection technology, this network operator acts continuously among the industry leaders. http://www.wienenergie.at/
• The gas quantities needed by Vienna are supervised constantly within a central operating unit. The so-called gas dispatcher, one of the most advanced and modern gas distribution and control systems of Europe, is controlling the > 3500 km gas network fully automatically.
• 24/7 service: A competent team of specialists are available around-the-clock for outage management under the telephone number 128.
• Crisis Management: Also during elemental events, such as pandemics or natural disasters, Wien Energie Gasnetz is on the safe side: Employees of the crisis committee, who are optimally trained, recognize the various risks and employ well-directed measures.
• Certified: Since 2001 Wien Energie Gasnetz has been awarded with the quality and environmental certificate according to ISO 9001 and 14001 and confirms the highest possible standard in questions of quality and environment. Quality and security of the gas distribution network, measures for the occupational health and safety were also certified.
About Wien Energie Stromnetz
Wien Energie Stromnetz GmbH is the largest distribution operator of Austria. The company is responsible for all issues of distribution operation within the supply area. The customers of Wien Energie Stromnetz are supplied via one of the most secure electricity networks of Europe. With 99,99 percent service security the company occupies one of the top ranks within Europe. Just in case the outage division can be reached 24/7 under the telephone number 0800 500 600. To secure this supply quality also for the future, roughly 120 Mio EUR are invested yearly into the electricity network. The core investment targets are extension, operation and maintenance of the electricity network, and reader and data management. http://www.wienenergie.at
- Network strategy and network planning
- Regulation management
- Net customer service, invoicing
- Data management
- Extension, operation and maintenance of the electricity network
- Reader management
AED-SICAD Aktiengesellschaft (AED-SICAD), Bonn/Munich, Germany, is the leading GIS application company in Europe. AED-SICAD employs more than 200 people. Their portfolio comprises high-end geo-information systems for the key segments utilities, cadastre and land management. With ArcFMä UT for the utility industry and LM on ArcGIS® for cadastre and land management, AED-SICAD develops cutting-edge GIS applications and solutions based on the worldwide leading ArcGIS core technology. http://www.aed-sicad.com
WIEN ENERGIE Gasnetz GmbH
Tel: +43 (1) 40128 3130
Email: Email Contact
WIEN ENERGIE Stromnetz GmbH
Tel. +43 (1) 4004 32730
Tel. +49 (89) 45026 201
Email: Email Contact