April 04, 2011 -- Carmenta today announced that their real-time oriented GIS map engine, Carmenta Engine 5.1, is now shipping.
New functionality includes:
- Support for touch-screen user interfaces on PCs or tablets using hardware-accelerated Qt and QML UI elements on top of hardware accelerated Carmenta Engine maps.
- A new Java API that is on the same level and has the same powerful properties and possibilities as the .Net and C++ APIs.
- The transparency of a layer or a set of underlying layers can now be adjusted in real-time with a single API call.
- Improved Documentation with a new layout and new indices making it easier to navigate. It also includes several new topics, extended information, more samples and a new Carmenta Engine Frequently Asked Questions section.
- 113 new tactical symbols to Tactical Extension. The support for Appendix B of the MIL-STD-2525B standard is now complete.
Also, with this release, Carmenta Engine Linux developers are getting access to all the new features that were introduced in the previous Carmenta Engine 5.0 release for Windows. This includes, for example, the very much awaited MIL-STD-2525B tactical graphics display and multi-core CPU optimizations.
For comprehensive information about this new release, please read the What’s New In Carmenta Engine 5.1 document.
For information about Carmenta Engine, please visit: http://www.carmenta.com/products/carmenta-engine.
For information about Carmenta, please visit: http://www.carmenta.com