"Consumers have come to appreciate VideoStudio Pro for its uncomplicated approach to movie making, speed and impressive creative effects," said Jan Piros, Senior Product Manager, Digital Media at Corel. "With VideoStudio Pro X5, we've furthered our commitment to overall performance and innovation by offering powerful new features and category-crossing tools like screen recording and HTML5. From YouTubers and home video editors, to small business owners and educators, VideoStudio Pro X5 enables a vast range of possibilities in video."
VideoStudio Pro X5 is the first video editor to support HTML5, the innovative web technology that's revolutionizing online video distribution and consumption. Users can generate hyperlinked on-screen cue and chapter points, graphics and titles, perfect for anyone looking to create a complete interactive on-line video experience.
"HTML5 offers a lot of possibilities for consumers who aspire to see their videos integrated onto web sites. Since HTML5 video can be played natively within any browser, it offers a much more robust, flexible solution for developers who have been constrained by funneling content through plug-ins," said Rob Enderle, President and Principal Analyst of the Enderle Group. "VideoStudio Pro X5 is a pioneer in its category because it marks the first time we're seeing HTML5 video creation placed in the hands of consumers. This vastly broadens the number of people capable of generating low cost interactive HTML5 multimedia content. This in turn should increase dramatically the rich user generated content integrated into cutting edge web sites."
Corel VideoStudio Pro X5 Offers New Tools for More Dynamic and Interactive Video
- New! HTML5 authoring: Users can now easily create HTML5 videos, complete with hyperlinked on-screen cue and chapter points. As VideoStudio Pro X5 outputs HTML5 videos in both WebM and MPEG-4 (H.264), videos can be displayed in any compatible browser. In addition, users can open and edit their HTML5 videos in other HTML5 authoring applications.
- New! Screen recording: With the new screen recording tools, users can create polished screencasts complete with animations, effects, music, titles and voice-overs. Produce professional training DVDs or export them directly to YouTube, Facebook®, Flickr®, or formats including MPEG-2, MPEG-4 (H.264) and WebM.
- New! Multimedia tracks: VideoStudio Pro X5 supports up to 21 video or graphic tracks, two title or subtitle tracks, and four audio tracks.
- New! Advanced multi-core acceleration: VideoStudio Pro X5 employs multi-threading to fully harness the processing power of today's multi-core PCs. By assigning different software procedures to different cores, X5 generates speed gains that are significantly more pronounced than simply enabling the additional memory addressing capabilities of 64-bit systems.
- New! Import multi-layer graphics: Users can now add multi-layered Corel® PaintShop Pro graphics to their movies by simply dragging a graphic to the Timeline. VideoStudio Pro X5 automatically adds each layer of the graphic as a separate track in the timeline allowing users to apply effects and filters to individual layers to create unique animation effects.
- New! Canon DSLR support for Stop Motion: VideoStudio Pro X5 provides new support for Canon DSLR cameras for creating stop-motion animations. Users can connect their DSLR to their PC or laptop with a USB cable.
- New! 50p/60p support: VideoStudio Pro X5 lets users take full advantage of their 50/60p cameras.
- New! 3D video import: VideoStudio Pro X5 now supports 3D webcam capture; enabling users to easily import and edit 3D video formats, such as Multiview Video Coding (MVC) and Multiple Picture Object (MPO).
- New! Template organization: VideoStudio Pro X5 lets users make movies quickly from templates. The Library now includes an Instant Project tab, which makes templates easier than ever to browse, preview, and select.
- New & Enhanced! Corel® Guide: This web-connected in-product resource delivers 24-7 access to online training videos, templates, help, product updates, additional paid content, training videos and much more.
Corel® VideoStudio® Pro X5 Ultimate
Also today, Corel announced the release of VideoStudio Pro X5 Ultimate. For editors looking to take their productions to the next level, this premium version offers a range of high-end plug-ins from proDAD, Boris and NewBlue®, providing users with over $500 in additional value. Thanks to these additions users can add broadcast-quality effects, 2D and 3D titling, apply animated pen effects, and fix even the shakiest video with image correction and video stabilization. VideoStudio Pro X5 Ultimate gives users even more ways to create content-rich and professional looking movies.
Availability and Pricing
Corel VideoStudio Pro X5 is available immediately as an electronic download (ESD) from www.corel.com.au in English, Japanese, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese. Box versions will be available from Corel's global resellers after March 21, 2012. Corel VideoStudio Pro X5 Australia suggested retail pricing (SRP) is $99 (AUD). Users of VideoStudio Pro X3 or higher are eligible for upgrade pricing of $69(AUD). Commercial and education volume licenses are also available.
VideoStudio Pro X5 Ultimate is also available at www.corel.com.au and at resellers for SRP $129 (AUD) or $89 (AUD) for an upgrade.
To download a free fully-functional trial version or for more information about Corel VideoStudio Pro X5, please visit www.corel.com.au/videostudio.
Media & Blogger Resources
For additional Corel VideoStudio Pro X5 resources including reviewer's materials, images and videos, please visit www.corel.com.au/newsroom/
Join the Video Editing Conversation
- Connect with VideoStudio users on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/corelvideostudio
- Join our community at PhotoVideoLife.com
- For feature and showreel videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/CorelAU?ob=0&feature=results_main
Photo Caption: Corel VideoStudio Pro X5 Ultimate
Corel is one of the world's top software companies with more than 100 million active users in over 75 countries. We develop software that helps people express their ideas and share their stories in more exciting, creative and persuasive ways. Through the years, we've built a reputation for delivering innovative, trusted products that are easy to learn and use, helping people achieve new levels of productivity. The industry has responded with hundreds of awards for software innovation, design and value.
In February 2012, Corel acquired Roxio's broad range of digital media and security solutions, expanding its product portfolio with new products including the industry's most popular digital media suite and the leading media conversion software on the Mac platform.
Our award winning product portfolio includes some of the world's most widely recognized and popular software brands, including CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite, Corel® Painter, Corel® PaintShop Pro, Corel® VideoStudio®, Corel® WinDVD®, Corel® WordPerfect® Office, WinZip®, Roxio Creator® and Roxio® Toast®.
© 2012 Corel Corporation. All rights reserved. Corel, the Corel logo, the Corel Balloon logo, CorelDRAW, Painter, PaintShop, Roxio, Roxio Creator, Toast, VideoStudio, WordPerfect, and WinDVD are trademarks or registered trademarks of Corel Corporation and/or its subsidiaries. WinZip is a registered trademark of WinZip International LLC. All other product names and any registered and unregistered trademarks mentioned are used for identification purposes only and remain the exclusive property of their respective owners.
Contact Corel APAC PR Joy Tsai Email Contact +886-2627-3777 #6319