Issues of National Importance Covered during July 21-24 Event in San DiegoREDLANDS, Calif., June 19, 2012 — (PRNewswire) — The 2012 Esri Homeland Security Summit promises to provide a unique opportunity to collaborate with and learn from Esri's public safety staff, partners, and users. The summit will be held July 21–24 at the Hilton Bayfront in San Diego, California.
The Plenary Session will feature these speakers:
- Rick Driggers, chief technology officer, Department of Homeland Security
- Carla Boyce, director, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) National Integration Center
- Joe Adduci, senior GIS project manager, Argonne National Labs
- Alexander Fuchs, information management officer, Frontex Situation Center
- Mike Sena, director, Northern California Regional Intelligence Center, and president, National Fusion Center Association
"We're emphasizing interaction with global homeland security and national defense professionals," said Paul Christin, homeland security industry manager, Esri. "We want people to connect to and join our global network of peers. It's a terrific opportunity to stay on top of the latest best practices and proven technology deployed to achieve mission success."
Attendees will learn how to extend the value of geotechnology in meeting mission requirements. By attending training sessions and demos, users will discover how to gain true situational awareness using one comprehensive system, get the right resources to the right place at the right time, and make informed decisions for a quicker and safer response.
In addition, a number of social events are lined up to foster collaboration and sharing among attendees, including the National Security Social and the Homeland Security Summit Welcome Social. People will be able to meet and connect with others to form lasting relationships.
Other highlights include those below:
- Comprehensive demonstrations of ArcGIS 10.1, Esri's most significant software release to date
- Lightning Talks designed for executives and frontline staff
- Presentations showcasing the value of GIS through enterprise, cloud, mobile, and web solutions
- Two days of Esri User Conference access, including admission to the opening Plenary Session, Esri Public Safety Showcase area, and Esri homeland security and public safety speaker tracks
Learn more about the event and register at esri.com/hss.
Since 1969, Esri has been giving customers around the world the power to think and plan geographically. The market leader in GIS technology, Esri software is used in more than 300,000 organizations worldwide including each of the 200 largest cities in the United States, most national governments, more than two-thirds of Fortune 500 companies, and more than 7,000 colleges and universities. Esri applications, running on more than one million desktops and thousands of web and enterprise servers, provide the backbone for the world's mapping and spatial analysis. Esri is the only vendor that provides complete technical solutions for desktop, mobile, server, and Internet platforms. Visit us at esri.com/news.
Copyright © 2012 Esri. All rights reserved. Esri, the Esri globe logo, GIS by Esri, esri.com, and @esri.com are trademarks, service marks, or registered marks of Esri in the United States, the European Community, or certain other jurisdictions. Other companies and products or services mentioned herein may be trademarks, service marks, or registered marks of their respective mark owners.
Jesse Theodore, Esri
Phone: +1-909-793-2853, ext. 1-1419