Sessions and Workshops Designed to Help Utilities Use Technology to Solve Problems
REDLANDS, Calif., Sept. 4, 2012 — (PRNewswire) — �The touchstone for this year's Esri Electric and Gas GIS Conference is Changing the Discussion. The event, scheduled for October 7–10 in Salt Lake City, Utah, caters to utility professionals who want to take advantage of technological advances such as lidar, spatial analytics, big data management, and ArcGIS Online.
"Utility professionals talk all the time about issues such as aging infrastructure, regulatory compliance, and budget cuts," said Bill Meehan, Esri's director of utility solutions. "This conference is our chance to discuss how GIS technology can help solve these problems."
Highlights of the 2012 Esri Electric and Gas GIS Conference will include the following:
- Technical workshops on lidar and ArcGIS Online and an Ask the Experts panel
- Free Data Health Checks to assess the accuracy and quality of a specific dataset
- A Hands-on Learning Lab offering a variety of free training courses
- Birds of a Feather meetings for electric transmission, gas utilities, electric distribution, and small utilities
- A GIS Solutions EXPO featuring Esri partner solutions designed to meet utility needs
- A site visit to the Questar Gas Emergency Response Training Facility
- 40 paper sessions presented by utility professionals and Esri partners, covering topics such as weather events, smart grid, distribution integrity management program (DIMP), data management, outage management, budget constraints, aging infrastructure, and new technology
Be part of Changing the Discussion: visit esri.com/electric-gas.
Since 1969, Esri has been giving customers around the world the power to think and plan geographically. The market leader in GIS technology, Esri software is used in more than 300,000 organizations worldwide including each of the 200 largest cities in the United States, most national governments, more than two-thirds of Fortune 500 companies, and more than 7,000 colleges and universities. Esri applications, running on more than one million desktops and thousands of web and enterprise servers, provide the backbone for the world's mapping and spatial analysis. Esri is the only vendor that provides complete technical solutions for desktop, mobile, server, and Internet platforms. Visit us at esri.com/news.
Copyright © 2012 Esri. All rights reserved. Esri, the Esri globe logo, GIS by Esri, esri.com, ArcGIS, and @esri.com are trademarks, service marks, or registered marks of Esri in the United States, the European Community, or certain other jurisdictions. Other companies and products or services mentioned herein may be trademarks, service marks, or registered marks of their respective mark owners.