Southampton, UK -- 9 October 2012 -- Snowflake Software, specialist in data exchange via Open Standards, has announced a new major release of its data loading software - GO Loader v1.7 featuring in-built support for OpenStreetMap. Building on its predecessor, GO Loader 1.7 has been built with input and contribution from the existing GO Loader customer community via Snowflake’s Early Access Programme.
The new integrated OpenStreetMap features in GO Loader enable users to directly:
- Load OpenStreetMap data with the GO Loader OpenStreetMap Project Template
- Split the entire planet and country wide OpenStreetMap data files before load by using the OpenStreetMap Splitter Tool
- Load OpenStreetMap data into Oracle and PostGIS using native geometry types
- Generate point, line and polygon features using the OpenStreetMap Tool, ready for view in a GIS of choice
- View and query data making use of feature rich OpenStreetMap attribution directly within a GIS
The new OpenStreetMap Tool creates geometry to represent OpenStreetMap data, which can then be viewed in a users GIS of choice. Furthermore, the new tool not only builds the geometry, it also cleans it - removing duplicates, reordering polygons and ensuring geometry is clean to render correctly.
Snowflake has also added a new OpenStreetMap Project Template to its ever popular collection of pre-defined templates designed to get users up and running quickly and easily. The new project template contains the most popular OpenStreetMap attributes, with the added flexibility to customise the attributes you want to use.
GO Loader 1.7 is a major new release for data specialists looking to load and manage XML and GML data. Alongside the new integrated OpenStreetMap support, GO Loader 1.7 also includes:
- Project Templates and Plugins for OS AddressBase, OS VectorMap Local, OS ITN Urban Paths, and OS Topographic data sets, and INSPIRE Annex I themes
- XML Loading (Beta) enabling users to use GO Loader for non-geographical and non-spatial datasets in other departments
“Our latest release of GO Loader not only provides for the OpenStreetMap community but also enables customers to benefit further from their software investments”, explains Ian Painter, Managing Director at Snowflake Software. “We’ve responded to customer requests and delivered suggestions from our Early Access programme to make GO Loader 1.7 an extremely flexible, easy to use and versatile data loading solution for both geospatial and non-geospatial data.”
For more information about GO Loader 1.7 and the hot new features visit www.snowflakesoftware.com/2012/10/go-loader-17/
About Snowflake Software
Snowflake Software, market innovators in geospatial data solutions, provide commercial off the shelf software products that facilitate data exchange and interoperability within the Data Provider, INSPIRE, Defence and Aviation markets. Based on open standards, the unique off the shelf GO Loader and GO Publisher products allows the build of next generation Open Data infrastructures by wrapping existing legacy infrastructure. Combine the off the shelf software with the knowledge of our industry experts, business consultants and training courses and we can work with you to tailor our products and services to your specific needs.
Telephone: +44 (0) 2380 382390
Fax: +44 (0) 2380 238233