Game Developer Editions for Autodesk® and Unreal Engine Users Launch at GDC
SAN FRANCISCO, March 26, 2013 – ALT Systems, a full-service systems integrator and workflow solutions provider, has announced its collaboration with HP, Autodesk®, Epic Games and PNY Technologies to offer high-performance game development packages designed specifically to support Autodesk® and Unreal Engine users. Unveiled today at GDC 2013, these systems optimize pipelines with a new combination of elite tools for the professional gaming community.
Tested by Autodesk and Epic Games, the ALT Systems Game Developer Edition for Autodesk Users and the ALT Systems Game Developer Edition for Unreal Engine Users will be available on three platforms: the HP Z1, the world’s first 27-inch all-in-one workstation, and HP’s powerful and reliable HP Z820 and Z620 Workstations. ALT Systems will work with customers to configure systems to their needs, as well as supply the technical support they require to operate with maximum performance.
ALT Systems will also be offering GDC attendees special promotional pricing during the conference, providing high-performance solutions for a range of budgets.
“As a systems integrator serving the media and entertainment industry for over 18 years, we have profound understanding and extensive experience supporting the technology needs of professionals working on high-end visual and immersive environments for end users,” said Jon Guess, president of ALT Systems. “We are a longtime, authorized Autodesk and HP integrator. This collaboration is a natural evolution for us to leverage our capabilities with these leading technology companies to support game developers and artists.”
The collaboration provides the professional game development community – for the first time – with the opportunity to integrate GeForce® GTX 680 XLR8 Edition by PNY graphics cards into HP’s award-winning Z Workstations. PNY graphics cards are highly regarded for their performance-enhancing applications in advanced and competitive gaming, and photo and video editing, among other uses.
"As the workstation industry leader, HP customers require ultimate performance and reliability that has been tested and certified for the professional applications that enable their creativity,” said Jeff Wood, vice president of worldwide product management, Commercial Solutions Business Unit, HP. “By working with a renowned integrator like ALT Systems, HP is able to provide our customers with the GeForce graphics solutions they require, combined with the qualifications and professional support they expect from HP.”
The GeForce graphics cards from PNY will be available through ALT Systems on three of the award-winning HP Z Workstations:
- Designed like no other, the display of the HP Z1 All-in-One Workstation snaps open so users can easily swap out parts and make upgrades without any tools required.(1) The HP Z1 combines a sleek industrial design with accelerated performance featuring Intel® Xeon® processors,(2) support for more than 1 billion colors(3) and HP’s world-class reliability. The HP Z1 will be available with the GeForce GTX 680M graphics by PNY.
- Engineered for the most demanding and compute-intensive visualization needs, the HP Z820 is ideal for development customers aiming to bring gamers the next blockbuster game. The HP Z820 provides up to 16 processing cores, up to 512 GB of ECC memory, up to 14 terabytes (TB) of high-speed storage and will be available with the GeForce GTX 680 graphics by PNY.
- For quiet space constrained environments, the HP Z620 is a great choice for customers who need high-end performance in a compact form factor. Updated last year to support both single- and dual-socket processors, the powerful and versatile HP Z620 provides up to 16 processing cores, up to 192 GB of ECC memory, up to 11 TB of high-speed storage, and will be available with the GeForce GTX 680 graphics by PNY.
A cornerstone of ALT Systems’ longstanding media and entertainment solutions is Autodesk’s Digital Entertainment Creation (DEC) products. Over the past several years, ALT Systems has consistently been recognized as one of Autodesk’s Gold Partners, delivering Autodesk Maya, Autodesk 3ds Max, Autodesk Motionbuilder, Autodesk Flame, and Autodesk Flare to both large and boutique-sized facilities. With the addition of Autodesk Beast, Autodesk Navigation, Autodesk HumanIK, and Autodesk Scaleform, professional developers, artists and creators have a full spectrum of powerful tools to help usher in the next generation of games.
“Autodesk strives to bring our customers the latest technology solutions that enable creativity,” said Mark Strassman, vice president, Media & Entertainment Strategy and Marketing, Autodesk. “HP Z Workstations are tested for Autodesk applications, and combining these leading technologies with the professional GeForce graphics cards from PNY delivers the ultimate development experience.”
Epic Games’ industry-standard game engine brings award-winning, cross-platform game engine technology to ALT Systems’ Game Developer Editions.
“Epic’s Unreal Engine is set to power the next generation of games, with high-end rendering, scalable cross-platform features, and revolutionary new tools for productivity,” said Mark Rein, vice president, Epic Games. “The HP Z Workstations combined with the power of GeForce graphics cards provides our developers with high-performance technology that allows them to push the limits of their creativity and deliver incredible new experiences.”
For information on pricing and availability, please visit http://altsystems.com/gamedevelopereditions/.
At GDC, stop by Autodesk (booth #1240) and Epic (booth #BS322) to see these solutions and receive more information, or call ALT’s main office at 818.504.6800.
Read more about how HP is helping to create some of the world’s most graphics intensive games here.
About ALT Systems
ALT Systems Inc. is a Los Angeles-based systems integrator and workflow solutions provider, offering superior compositing, rendering, editing, color correction, digital intermediate, 2D/3D, restoration, large format film recording, and SAN and NAS networking and storage options to the post production, visual effects and gaming industries. Founded in 1995 and privately owned, the company is a leading solution provider in the global media and entertainment marketplace. For more information, visit www.altsystems.com.
1) All specifications represent the typical specifications provided by HP’s component manufacturers; actual performance may vary.
(2) Dual-core and quad-core technologies are designed to improve performance of multithreaded software products and hardware-aware multitasking operating systems and may require appropriate operating system software for full benefits; not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of these technologies.
(3) 1.07 billion viewable colors through A-FRC technology.