CD-adapco's latest release is even easier to use and interact with, and significantly reduces the time required to get a high-quality solution
NEW YORK and LONDON, June 27, 2013 — (PRNewswire) — CD-adapco, the largest privately held CFD focused CAE provider, today announced the second release of their STAR-CCM+ v8 software. "Our latest release is specifically aimed at increasing engineering productivity, making the software even easier to use and interact with, and significantly reducing the time required to get a high-quality solution," said Senior VP Product Management Jean-Claude Ercolanelli. " STAR-CCM+ v8.04 is the second of our v8 releases to benefit from our investment in a dedicated User Experience Team, whose task is to dissect and improve every aspect of the software, resulting in more effective and more productive simulation engineers."
"STAR-CCM+ v8.04 raises the bar even further," continued Ercolanelli. "With ground-breaking performance enhancements resulting from new features such as continuum-wide partitioning, which dramatically improves the parallel scalability for complex multi-region simulations, with usability improvements such as the new object selector which makes the selection of multiple objects much simpler, and with increased product scope from the new overlapping overset capability, which allows you to easily model applications with complex relative motion such as gear pumps, and from the new adjoint flow solver with which you can even predict the effect of design modifications before making them."
User Experience related enhancements include:
- STAR-Cast – new dedicated Casting User Interface (CUI) to guide the user through the setup of casting simulations.
- Enhanced sheet and solid modelling in 3D-CAD for easier creation and modification of geometry.
- Update Events - new feature used to trigger processing actions at a particular time and/or iteration of a simulation.
- The new Object Selector improves the speed and efficiency of entities selection, especially for sophisticated models.
Solution turnaround Time related enhancements include:
- Continuum-wide partitioning improves performance and scalability for cases with multiple regions.
- Direct Interface intersection computational time has been improved.
- The new Virtual Disk Model - Body Force Propeller Method enables the simulation of propellers without the need to explicitly mesh the individual propeller blades.
Expanded coverage includes:
- The new Adjoint Solver allows the user to understand the influence of design parameters on engineering quantities of interest.
- Overset bodies can now overlap, allowing the modelling of the relative motion of more complex geometry with ease.
- The Fluid Film Model is now compatible with mesh motion, allowing the simulation of films on moving bodies such as rotating tires, or on deforming boundaries such as in ice accretion applications.
- The DFBI model now has additional options for modelling ship-manoeuvring situations.
CD-adapco ( www.cd-adapco.com) is the world's largest independent CFD focused CAE provider. Our core products are the technology-leading simulation packages, STAR-CCM+ and STAR-CD. The scope of our activities, however, extends well beyond CFD software development to encompass a wide range of CAE engineering services in fluid dynamics, heat transfer and structural engineering. Our on-going mission is to "inspire innovation and reduce costs through the application of engineering simulation software and services."
A privately owned company, CD-adapco has maintained 17% organic year-on-year growth over the last 5 years. CD-adapco employs 700 talented individuals, working at 30 different offices across the globe.
Liz Arndt, CD-adapco