Homes demonstrate design excellence is not limited by size or dollars
HOUSTON, Sept. 4, 2013 — (PRNewswire) — The weekend of October 26-27, 2013, the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Houston will hold its 2013 Annual Home Tour featuring seven area homes selected by a jury of industry experts to represent the finest in residential architecture. The two-day, self-guided tour is open to the public and offers a rare opportunity to walk through and view privately-owned residences designed by accomplished Houston architects. Watch a video overview of the AIA Home Tour.
Featured homes and architects include:
- 1102 River Bend Drive, Houston, TX 77063 - 5,500 square feet, m+a architecture studio
- 918 West 43rd Street, Houston, TX 77018 - 3,100 square feet, studioMET
- 1648 Columbia Street, Houston, TX 77008 - 3,500 square feet, 2scale Architects
- 1912 Bonner Street, Houston, TX 77007 - 3,100 square feet, studioMET
- 4412 Mount Vernon Street, Houston, TX 77006 - 2,400 square feet, Collaborative Design Works
- 2331 Dryden Road, Houston, TX 77030 - 3,410 square feet, Collaborative Design Works
- 4135 Tartan Lane, Houston, TX 77025 - 3,614 square feet, Tran Architects
See a map of featured houses.
$25 Full-Tour Tickets
$20 Full-Tour Tickets for Cyclists
$10 Single House Ticket (Not available for pre-sale)
Tickets can be purchased at any participating house during tour hours and are good both tour days.
Full-Tour Tickets may be purchased in advance online or at AIA Houston, 315 Capitol Street, Suite 100, Houston, TX 77002.
AIA Houston wishes to recognize and thank the following tour sponsors for their generosity: Decardi Development Group, LLC, Premier Technology Group, RAM Windows, Eggersmann Kitchens | Home Living, La Nova Tile, MKT BAR at Phoenicia Specialty Foods, Mason's Mill & Lumber Co. Poggenpohl kitchen design studio, and media sponsors as of September 4th: 002 Houston Magazine, CultureMap Houston, Houston House & Home, Houston magazine, Modern Luxury Interiors Texas, Prime Living, Yellow Magazine and Yelp. Sponsorship opportunities are available through October 18, 2013. For more information, contact Tina Zulu at Zulu Creative, email@example.com.
The American Institute of Architects Houston is the professional organization for more than 1,800 architects and other design professionals in the greater Houston area. Its mission includes service to members and to the public. www.aiahouston.org
SOURCE AIA Houston