Keynotes and Breakout Sessions Highlight the U.K.’s World-leading BIM Initiatives and Advances, With Emphasis on Best Practices and Latest Technologies That Leverage the Power of BIM in All Disciplines Throughout the AECO Lifecycle
EXTON, Pa. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — September 25, 2013 — Bentley Systems, Incorporated, the leading company dedicated to providing comprehensive software solutions for sustaining infrastructure, has announced the powerful lineup of guest speakers keynoting at its Year in Infrastructure 2013 Conference, being held Oct. 29-31 at the Hilton London Metropole in London, U.K. These prominent thought leaders in the community of infrastructure professionals will be part of a dynamic and content-rich agenda featuring presentations and interactive sessions exploring the intersection of technology and business drivers and how they are shaping the future of infrastructure delivery and investment returns. They will present before a global gathering of leading executives from infrastructure organizations and more than 100 journalists from top industry and business publications around the world. Registration is open to all management-level executives in architectural, engineering, and construction firms, owner-operators, and government organizations responsible for the design, delivery, or operations of infrastructure.
The Year in Infrastructure 2013 guest keynoters include:
- Sir John Armitt, Chairman of the Olympic Delivery Authority for London 2012 and Chairman of National Express
- Andrew Wolstenholme, OBE, CEO of Crossrail Ltd.
- Peter Hansford, Chief Construction Advisor to the U.K. government
- Pedro Miranda, Corporate VP, Siemens AG, and Head of the Global Center of Competence Cities
The Year in Infrastructure 2013 Conference will also feature:
Industry-specific Breakout Tracks –
- The Innovations for Buildings Summit
- The International Rail and Transit Summit
- The Project Delivery Summit
- The Power Delivery Summit
- The Asset Performance Management Summit
- The CIO Workshop – an invitation-only workshop for CIOs and business executives focused on the asset information management needs of infrastructure owner-operators
- The Be Inspired Awards – project presentations by the finalists of the prestigious 2013 Be Inspired Awards program for outstanding achievement in infrastructure design, delivery, and operations, culminating in the announcement of the winners at the awards banquet
On Oct. 28, more than 100 journalists from leading media outlets around the globe will gather at the Hilton London Metropole for Bentley’s annual Media Day briefing. Bentley’s senior management team and product experts will provide an overview of Bentley’s recent and forthcoming software and services innovations, key industry trends, and insights into Bentley’s commercial and technical direction.
Said Bentley Vice President Chris Barron, “Building Information Modeling (BIM) is not only transforming infrastructure project delivery, but also empowering improved project and infrastructure asset performance around the world. The Year in Infrastructure 2013 Conference is the perfect forum to learn from those organizations and thought leaders who are leveraging BIM for a whole new level of benefits over the AECO lifecycle. And London is the perfect spot for the conference – it’s at the vanguard of BIM practice. If you are looking to get more out of BIM, The Year in Infrastructure Conference is the place to be!”
The Year in Infrastructure 2013 Conference sponsors include:
- Platinum – McGraw Hill Construction;
- Presenting – EMAP, Fiatech, Siemens, and Trimble;
- Media – 3D Visualization World, AEC Magazine, AECbytes, AECCafe, The American Surveyor, Asian Power, Australia’s Mining Monthly , CAD User , CE News , Constructech , Directions Magazine , Electric Energy T&D Magazine, EW Media , Geo Business , Geofumadas , Geospatial Today , Geospatial World , GeoWorld , GraphicSpeak , Informed Infrastructure , Jon Peddie Research, KHL’s Construction Europe , LiDAR News , MiningNews.net , Modern Steel Construction , Obras Urbanas , PennEnergy , PRIME , Process & Plant Engineering , pwcom.co.uk Ltd, RAI ( Rebuilding America’s Infrastructure ), SPAR Point Group, Strade & Autostrade , Structural Engineer , and TenLinks .