Keynotes and Breakout Sessions Highlight the U.K.’s World-leading BIM Initiatives and Advances, With Emphasis on Best Practices and Latest Technologies That Leverage the Power of BIM in All Disciplines Throughout the AECO Lifecycle
EXTON, Pa. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — September 25, 2013 — Bentley Systems, Incorporated, the leading company dedicated to providing comprehensive software solutions for sustaining infrastructure, has announced the powerful lineup of guest speakers keynoting at its Year in Infrastructure 2013 Conference, being held Oct. 29-31 at the Hilton London Metropole in London, U.K. These prominent thought leaders in the community of infrastructure professionals will be part of a dynamic and content-rich agenda featuring presentations and interactive sessions exploring the intersection of technology and business drivers and how they are shaping the future of infrastructure delivery and investment returns. They will present before a global gathering of leading executives from infrastructure organizations and more than 100 journalists from top industry and business publications around the world. Registration is open to all management-level executives in architectural, engineering, and construction firms, owner-operators, and government organizations responsible for the design, delivery, or operations of infrastructure.
The Year in Infrastructure 2013 guest keynoters include:
- Sir John Armitt, Chairman of the Olympic Delivery Authority for London 2012 and Chairman of National Express
- Andrew Wolstenholme, OBE, CEO of Crossrail Ltd.
- Peter Hansford, Chief Construction Advisor to the U.K. government
- Pedro Miranda, Corporate VP, Siemens AG, and Head of the Global Center of Competence Cities
The Year in Infrastructure 2013 Conference will also feature:
Industry-specific Breakout Tracks –
- The Innovations for Buildings Summit
- The International Rail and Transit Summit
- The Project Delivery Summit
- The Power Delivery Summit
- The Asset Performance Management Summit
- The CIO Workshop – an invitation-only workshop for CIOs and business executives focused on the asset information management needs of infrastructure owner-operators
- The Be Inspired Awards – project presentations by the finalists of the prestigious 2013 Be Inspired Awards program for outstanding achievement in infrastructure design, delivery, and operations, culminating in the announcement of the winners at the awards banquet
On Oct. 28, more than 100 journalists from leading media outlets around the globe will gather at the Hilton London Metropole for Bentley’s annual Media Day briefing. Bentley’s senior management team and product experts will provide an overview of Bentley’s recent and forthcoming software and services innovations, key industry trends, and insights into Bentley’s commercial and technical direction.
Said Bentley Vice President Chris Barron, “Building Information Modeling (BIM) is not only transforming infrastructure project delivery, but also empowering improved project and infrastructure asset performance around the world. The Year in Infrastructure 2013 Conference is the perfect forum to learn from those organizations and thought leaders who are leveraging BIM for a whole new level of benefits over the AECO lifecycle. And London is the perfect spot for the conference – it’s at the vanguard of BIM practice. If you are looking to get more out of BIM, The Year in Infrastructure Conference is the place to be!”
The Year in Infrastructure 2013 Conference sponsors include:
- Platinum – McGraw Hill Construction;
- Presenting – EMAP, Fiatech, Siemens, and Trimble;
- Media – 3D Visualization World, AEC Magazine, AECbytes, AECCafe, The American Surveyor, Asian Power, Australia’s Mining Monthly, CAD User, CE News, Constructech, Directions Magazine, Electric Energy T&D Magazine, EW Media, Geo Business, Geofumadas, Geospatial Today, Geospatial World, GeoWorld, GraphicSpeak, Informed Infrastructure, Jon Peddie Research, KHL’s Construction Europe, LiDAR News, MiningNews.net, Modern Steel Construction, Obras Urbanas, PennEnergy, PRIME, Process & Plant Engineering, pwcom.co.uk Ltd, RAI (Rebuilding America’s Infrastructure), SPAR Point Group, Strade & Autostrade, Structural Engineer, and TenLinks.
To register for and/or learn more about The Year in Infrastructure 2013 Conference, go to www.bentley.com/YII2013London
About the Be Inspired Awards
The Be Inspired Awards, which are selected by an independent jury of industry experts, recognize the extraordinary and innovative work of organizations that help sustain the world’s infrastructure by designing, engineering, constructing, delivering, and/or operating better-performing, safer, and more resilient roads, buildings, plants, utility networks, and more. The goals of this annual competition are to:
- Advance innovation and best practices in design, engineering, construction, operations, and project delivery
- Promote the extraordinary work of the organizations that help sustain the world’s infrastructure
The Be Inspired Awards has recognized more than 2,000 of the world’s most outstanding infrastructure projects since its inception in 2004. The program boasts a unique competition – the only one of its kind that is global in scope and comprehensive in categories covered, encompassing all types of infrastructure projects. For additional information about the Be Inspired Awards, visit www.bentley.com/BeInspired.
About Bentley Systems, Incorporated
Bentley is the global leader dedicated to providing architects, engineers, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators with comprehensive software solutions for sustaining infrastructure. Bentley Systems applies information mobility to improve asset performance by leveraging information modeling through integrated projects for intelligent infrastructure. Its solutions encompass the MicroStation platform for infrastructure design and modeling, the ProjectWise platform for infrastructure project team collaboration and work sharing, and the AssetWise platform for infrastructure asset operations – all supporting a broad portfolio of interoperable applications and complemented by worldwide professional services. Founded in 1984, Bentley has more than 3,000 colleagues in 50 countries, more than $500 million in annual revenues, and since 2005 has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions.
Additional information about Bentley is available at www.bentley.com and in Bentley’s annual report. For Bentley news as it happens, subscribe to an RSS feed of Bentley press releases and news alerts. To view a searchable collection of innovative infrastructure projects from the annual Be Inspired Awards, access Bentley’s Year in Infrastructure publications. To access a professional networking site that enables members of the infrastructure community to connect, communicate, and learn from each other, visit Be Communities.
To download the Bentley Infrastructure 500 Top Owners ranking, a unique global compendium of the top public- and private-sector owners of infrastructure based on the value of their cumulative infrastructure investments, visit www.bentley.com/500.
Bentley, the “B” Bentley logo, Be, MicroStation, and ProjectWise are either registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks of Bentley Systems, Incorporated or one of its direct or indirect wholly owned subsidiaries. Other brands and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.