Encinitas, CA – June 18, 2013 – Dudek will announce at the ESRI International User Conference its new Keratatm GIS mobile field data platform designed to allow environmental project managers to collect, stream, and analyze large amounts of field data faster and more accurately.
Dudek will demonstrate Kerata at Booth 311 at the conference July 14 – 18 in San Diego, California.
“Gathering and distributing spatial intelligence from the field traditionally has been a complex, manual and lengthy process for environmental project managers, most of whom are not GIS trained,” said Lisa Lubeley, Dudek’s technology group manager.
“Kerata combines intelligent forms and real-time mobile GIS as an integrated solution for tablets and smartphones. Field data integration is more accurate and efficient; project databases are instantly updated, and non-GIS staff can leverage the power of spatial
data for review and analysis.”
Kerata has been field tested on the following projects:
- A small San Diego County wastewater district created its first GIS library of field infrastructure in a single afternoon by collecting 400 spatial data points on pipelines, manhole covers, and other resources.
- Two arborists mapped 14,000 trees on 26 separate commercial properties over 2 weeks and collected each tree’s species, size, condition, and maintenance need. The new GIS database replaced the owner’s spreadsheet.
- The City of Rocklin in northern California doubled the number of sites surveyed in one day to collect Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) stormwater quality data, and monitored the citywide results in real time as data streamed in.
Kerata's key features are:
- Streams field data seamlessly as it is collected to the project’s main GIS database. No “post-processing” of field data is needed to make the field-collected data compatible with the central project database.
- Includes 40 analytical tools for non-GIS staffers to do things such as measure, create bookmarks, create buffers, perform network traces, and more.
- Uses “intelligent” data collection forms that prompt field personnel to collect the correct spatial data by interpreting the data just entered and automatically prompting the field monitor for the relevant data that should be entered next.
- Allows “disconnected editing” of tabular and spatial data when field locations don’t have Internet access. Collected data can stream to the main project database when an Internet connection becomes available.
- Seamlessly integrates visual reporting/analysis by streaming data into a Web-based reporting dashboard . The dashboards are updated in real-time as Kerata’s mobile application sends field data to the main project database.
For more information contact Lisa Lubeley at 800-450-1818 or at Email Contact, or visit www.keratasolutions.com.
Dudek is a 300-person professional services firm specializing in program management for natural resources management and infrastructure development projects. Headquartered in Encinitas, California we have worked on large-scale environmental and infrastructure projects for hundreds of public agencies and private development clients since 1980.