September 24, 2014 -- It has been our profession to design and manufacture Gyro Stabilization Devices, which maximize the potential of airborne sensor systems. Now, SOMAG AG Jena manufactured a brand new device, which offers manifold opportunities and new technical capabilities – GSM 4000. The GSM 4000 is the successor of the world wide known GSM 3000 which has been sold more than 260 times all over the world.
Field of Application – SOMAG AG Jena designed and manufactured the Gyro Stabilization Mount GSM 4000 for aerial cameras, LiDAR, scanners and sensors in general.
Design & Technical Facts – The new design of the GSM 4000 is the final result of all SOMAG´s experiences and engineering knowhow of the last ten years. SOMAG designed and manufactured a more compact and completely modified Gyro Stabilization Mount with more power than ever before.
An important step forward is the completely modified control panel of the Gyro Mount. There is only one rotary knob, two Push-Buttons and several LED’s to control the GSM 4000. Plug & Play - It also exist an USB-Port, which can be used with the SOMAG Tablet & SOMAG App. The App allows the user to set up different parameters or to update the firmware.
Another important part of the GSM 4000 is the totally covered hydraulic system which reduces the pollution of the internal parts. Mechanical and electronical components will be safer and more resistant.
Especially interesting are the following technological changes of our latest 3- axis Gyro Mount:
- Heavy Payloads of more than 120 kg are possible
- Little Device Weight of 29 kg
- Minimal Physical Dimensions: Length 615 mm / Width 530 mm / Height 175 mm
- Large Movement Ranges: Roll ± 7.0° / Pitch ±8.8° / YAW ±25°
More GSM 4000 Short facts
- Downward compatible to GSM 3000 (same FMS & sensors)
- Integration of a new communication protocol
- Downward compatible to current protocol
- Same list price as GSM 3000
- Special offer for upgrade to GSM 4000
Note - We will introduce the GSM 4000 at the INTERGEO in Berlin this year. You can find us in hall 3.1 - booth #A3.004. You are welcome to visit us!