Des Plaines, IL, April 20, 2015 -- URISA, the Northwest GIS Users' Group (NWGIS), and the Northern Rockies and Washington URISA Chapters are pleased to announce the details of GIS-Pro & NWGIS 2015 taking place October 18-22, 2015 in Spokane, Washington.
The conference features important conversations, preconference workshops, comprehensive education, and opportunities to connect with experts, peers and private sector sponsors. Our featured keynote speakers are Breece Robertson, National GIS Director for the Trust for Public Land and Dr. Este Geraghty, Chief Medical Officer and Director of Health Solutions at Esri.
Preconference Workshops: Take advantage of NWGIS and URISA Certified Workshops to kick off your conference.
The workshops range from half-day to two-day on a variety of topics:
NWGIS Workshops (deeply discounted):
- Extending ArcGIS for Desktop with Python and .NET
- Interoperable Web GIS Solutions with Free & Open Source Geospatial Software
- ArcGIS Pro
- Building Native Apps with ArcGIS: With or Without Programming
URISA Certified Workshop (included with full conference registration):
- Emergency Preparedness for GIS
- Next-Gen 911
- GIS Strategic Planning
- Introduction to Public Participation GIS
- Business Intelligence and Data Integration for the GIS Professional
- Cartography and Map Design
- Deploying Mobile Solutions
Nearly 100 presenters (so far) in sessions covering important topics including:
- Coastal, Watershed, and Flood Risk Management
- GIS Management Practices and Innovation
- Mapping Your Way into a GIS Career
- Understanding the Boundaries of Professional Practice - important discussion with the surveying community
- Asset Management
- Framework Themes: Metadata Standards and Data Processing Optimization
- App Deployment
- GIS in Poverty Alleviation
- Implementing MAP 21
- GIS Presentation Skills Development
- Decision Support Systems in Urban Planning
- Community Health and GIS Initiatives
- LiDAR vs. PhoDar
- Transportation Project Management
- Open Source Solutions
- Undergraduate Skills Competition - top five finalists invited to present
Of course, there's an Ignite session and lunch presentations, with several sessions set aside to develop with late-breaking content!
Exhibits & Sponsors: The opportunity to connect with the companies that provide technology solutions is a major component of the conference. Discounted exhibit fees (save $300) are available until June 15.
Conference Venue: The Conference will take place at the brand new Grand Hotel in Spokane, Washington, opening in late June. Conference attendees may take advantage of $139 rates for single or double occupancy (and ample government rate rooms), all including complimentary in-room internet access.
Registration: Register for the conference by July 27 for early registration discounts! Full conference registration (starting at only $400),includes attendance the conference proceedings, access to keynote speeches, breakout sessions, meetings, one hosted lunches, reception and networking social event.
Learn more about the URISA GIS-Pro & NWGIS 2015 Conference and start making plans to attend today.
Conference History: The conference in Spokane will be URISA's 53rd annual and NWGIS's 30th annual conference! In 2012, URISA and NWGIS partnered on the annual conference in Portland and the results were off the charts with attendance and energy. This meeting will be the premier educational event for government GIS managers and technical staff, attracting attendees from not only the Pacific Northwest and Northern Rockies regions, but from across the globe.
Mark Your Calendar: