ATLANTA — (BUSINESS WIRE) — April 30, 2015 — Exelis ( NYSE: XLS) will highlight an extensive array of its advanced technologies when the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) presents Unmanned Systems 2015 May 4-7 in Atlanta.
Visitors to the Exelis booth at the Georgia World Congress Center will see the critical role Exelis plays in integrating unmanned aerial systems (UAS) into the U.S. national airspace systems. Also featured will be products that monitor, process and analyze data in unmanned and manned civil and defense programs around the globe.
“Our customers have a critical need for actionable information,” said Bob Edmonds, Exelis vice president of Air Force programs. “Visitors to our booth will see affordable and easily integrated equipment developed by our industry’s top scientists and engineers. Our proven and trusted technologies provide the advanced data and analytics required for superior situational awareness.”
Exelis capabilities that will be highlighted focus on geospatial intelligence, networked communications and situational awareness, including:
- CorvusEye™ 1500 wide-area airborne surveillance system – This complements traditional video surveillance systems by providing high-resolution, visible color and infrared motion imagery over a wide area up to 1.24 miles in diameter. CorvusEye can generate up to 10 high-resolution views of different areas of interest simultaneously and is exportable to many military, intelligence and security agencies around the world.
- Jagwire™ – Jagwire is a Web-based solution that enhances situational awareness by providing on-demand access to critical geospatial intelligence data from a variety of sources including unmanned systems. Combined with ENVI analytics, Jagwire is an end-to-end Web-based solution to rapidly discover, visualize, analyze, and disseminate Multi-INT, multimodal data including FMV (full motion video), WAMI (wide-area motion imagery), LiDAR (light detection and ranging) and imagery.
- ENVI® Image Analysis Software – ENVI allows users to quickly create value-added, actionable products such as crop health and quantification, asset management, and target detection reports, from UAS data including imagery (both multispectral and hyperspectral), LiDAR, and SAR (synthetic aperture radar). ENVI is scientifically proven and works both on the desktop and in the cloud to help make better, more-informed decisions.
- Symphony® RangeVue™ airspace situational awareness solution for safely integrating UAS into the U.S. national airspace system. UAS operators and test range personnel have access to both real-time and historical surveillance information. Symphony RangeVue can be used as a command center decision-support and post-event analysis tool or in the field as a sense-and-avoid addition to UAS ground control stations. The system provides significant improvements to the safety and efficiency of UAS operations, whether on the test range or in the field.
- Exelis small and light-weight carriage, release and interfacing systems are designed for use on several types of unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) platforms. These systems enable both fixed wing and rotary UAVs to deliver a wide range of payloads for all types of missions. These include single and multiple store payloads for both military and civil applications that range in weight from a light five pounds to as much as 1,450 pounds.
- Disruptor SRx, the newly debuted adaptive, multifunctional electronic warfare (EW) capability with industry leading size, weight and power characteristics that enable mission success in a constantly changing EW environment.
Exelis is a diversified, top-tier global aerospace, defense, information
and services company that leverages a greater than 50-year legacy of
deep customer knowledge and technical expertise to deliver affordable,
mission-critical solutions for global customers. Exelis is a leader in
positioning and navigation, sensors, air traffic management solutions,
image processing and distribution, communications and information
systems; and focused on strategic growth in the areas of critical
networks, ISR and analytics, electronic warfare and composite
aerostructures. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Exelis employs
approximately 10,000 people and generated 2014 sales of approximately
$3.3 billion For more information, visit our website at
or connect with us on