Agenda Focuses on Challenges and Opportunities for Standards Adoption
NEEDHAM, Mass. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — May 14, 2015 — The Object Management Group® (OMG®) announced today the full agenda for the Model Based Engineering in PLM and Manufacturing special event. This event will spotlight how model based engineering standards will usher in a new era of manufacturing with respect to how Industry 4.0 and Smart Manufacturing strategies will affect the interoperability of the data infrastructure of complex products. This event will occur on June 18th at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Berlin, Germany.
The agenda will focus on the following presentations and speakers:
- Welcome and Introductions: Dr. Richard Soley, Chairman & CEO, Object Management Group
- Dr. Andreas Goerdeler, Head of the Department of Information Society; Media, BMWi
- The Dilema of Standardization in Industry 4.0: Wolfgang Dorst, Head of the Industry 4.0 Department, BITKOM
- An Architectural Model for Industry 4.0 - A Commonly Approved Base for Standardization: Dr. Peter Adolphs, Head of WG2 "Standardization" in the Platform Industry 4.0, Pepperl+Fuchs
- Sven-Olaf Schulze, President, German Chapter, INCOSE
- Industrial Benefits First! Bridging Planet Engineering & Planet Production: Dr. Steven Vettermann, General Manager, ProSTEP iViP
- Dr. Wolfgang Scheremet, Head of Industrial Policy, Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology, BMWi
- The IIC Track & Trace Testbed - A Concrete Example for Driving Domain Specific IT Standards for the Shop Floor 4.0: Dirk Slama, Director of Business Development, BOSCH SI
- SME Challenges & Requirements: Dr. Gunther Kegel, CEO, Pepperl+Fuchs GmbH
- PLM Vendor Strategies - SIEMENS PLM: Matthias Schmich, Executive VP for Global Sales, Marketing and Services, SIEMENS PLM
- PLM Vendor Strategies – PTC: Matthew Hause, GTM Technical Specialist, Engineering Fellow, PTC, OMG UPDM Co-Chair
- Challenges for Product Life Cycle Management: Prof. Martin Eigner, University of Kaiserslautern
- Panel Discussion: What Standards Specifications Do We Need?
Click here to learn more and register for this session which will take place on June 18 from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM. This event is co-located with the Object Management Group Technical Meeting, which runs from June 15-19.
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG's modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes. Visit www.omg.org for more information.
Note to editors: For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit http://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Object Management Group
Ann McDonough, +1 781-444-0404