Mar 30, 2016 -- This October, Prague will traditionally become the venue of a meeting of domestic and foreign defence and security leaders on the occasion of Future Forces Forum (FFF). The project consists of a compilation of events and activities at high political, military, security and expert level, supported by many national and international institutions.
The FFF participants will be able to meet experts from the whole world, industry leaders in the field of security and defence technologies, prominent scientists, and top-level government and military representatives of NATO allies, EU and V4 member states, and other partner nations.
One of the expert programme of Future Forces Forum will be Geospatial, Hydrometeorological and GNSS Workshop (GEOMETOC), which will be held 19 - 21 October at PVA EXPO PRAGUE.
The goal of the GEOMETOC workshop is to show and share the latest information, knowledge and technologies in closely related scientific disciplines, i.e. geography, hydrology and meteorology, together under a single roof. The ever-faster scientific and technological development in all industries provides many opportunities of real-time, highly accurate, and very user-friendly support to GEOMETOC. Geography and hydrometeorology are both scientific disciplines with impacts and outputs that are not limited to military.
The important role of the Czech Republic in the field of GNSS is illustrated by the fact that the EU GALILEO Agency is located in Prague, as well as by the involvement of Czech experts in international operations, expert groups, institutions, and projects. The field of research, development and innovations (RDaI) in this field also has a place in the “Security Research of the Czech Republic” and other national projects. Efficient development in these areas is possible only if there is a close and coordinated cooperation of the public sector, commercial enterprises and scientific research institutions, with an emphasis on effective use of funds.
GEOMETOC is divided into four sections:
- Designated Geospatial Information for State Security Forces and Organizations
- Geospatial Support to National Defence and Crisis Management
- Modern Trends in the Hydrological and Meteorological Support of Armed Forces and Government Performance
- Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) Future Challenges and Opportunities
Besides the GEOMETOC, following specialized events will be held within the Future Forces Forum:
- Future Forces Exhibition, 19 to 21 October.
- World CBRN & Medical Congress, 19 - 21 October ; followed by CBRN and Medical Workshops, 20 - 21 October
- Future Soldier Systems Conference, 20 - 21 October
- Military Advanced Robotic Systems Conference , 20 - 21 October
- Future of Cyber Conference , 20 - 21 October
- Logistics Capability Workshop, 20 - 21 October
Organizers are expecting more than 8000 participants, 200 exhibitors in the frame of Future Forces Exhibition and more than 1000 experts and VIP guests from more than 60 countries.