Oct. 6, 2005 - Redlands, Calif.—ESRI, the world leader in geographic information system (GIS) software, announces the BusinessMAP 4 ACT! Add-on solution for the ACT!® by Sage 2006 contact and customer management product family from Sage Software. BusinessMAP, the affordable, easy-to-use database mapping solution for business, transforms database information from ACT! into color-filled maps useful for making better marketing decisions.
Users can launch BusinessMAP directly from ACT! by Sage 2006 or ACT! by Sage Premium for Workgroups 2006 to add an entire database, an ACT! group, or the current contact to BusinessMAP and display it on a map. Once contacts are added, users can perform a geographic query such as finding all contacts within a 25-mile radius of an event location. Users can also send query results back to ACT! as a group for mail merges or other scheduled marketing activities.
“ACT! 2006 users will benefit from the ability of BusinessMAP 4 to transform the information in ACT! into pushpin and color-filled maps,” noted Paul Selby, senior ACT! product manager, Sage Software. “BusinessMAP 4 is a useful tool for helping users gain a better understanding of customers, competition, advertising, and other important business factors for mission-critical decision making.”
As a special promotion, any ACT! 2006 user can license a copy of BusinessMAP 4 for $249.95 (a $100.00 savings) by calling the special BusinessMAP/ACT! hotline at 1-888-523-0269. This offer expires November 30, 2005.
About BusinessMAPBusinessMAP lends itself to a variety of marketing and sales applications. With BusinessMAP it is easy to understand geographic customer concentrations, create sales territories, analyze areas by sales or number of customers, and generate meaningful reports. Users of BusinessMAP can calculate driving directions that minimize time and gasoline expenses when planning multiple stops on a publicity tour or business trip. BusinessMAP users can even search between two destinations to find contacts along their travel routes to maximize business trips.
BusinessMAP 4 now includes
- Ring Study Analysis—Analyze and reveal the demographics of an area surrounding a location. For example, aggregate demographics and other data within one, three, and five miles around a prospective store site.
- Drive-Time Analysis—Create up to three drive zones around a location that are defined by the time it takes to drive to or from a given location. Analyze the zones by aggregating demographics data for applications such as targeted advertising campaigns, new store locations, or best location for a regional sales office.
- Print Preview—Visualize how maps will print including various legend options and various sizes from wall charts to day planner sizes.
- New Wizards—Color code or customize maps with new easy-to-use wizards.
- Canadian Maps Now Included—Use Canadian or North American maps to create territories, add databases, analyze demographics, calculate routes, and more. Canadian data includes provinces, municipal and regional boundaries, streets, roads, highways, lakes, rivers, parks, and landmarks.
- Shaded Relief Data Now Included—Add depth and richness to maps with shaded relief data. * Updated Links—Plot a database, group, or current contact on a map by linking to ACT! 2006.
- ODBC Database Support—Use any Open Database Connectivity (ODBC)-supported database in addition to the numerous database file formats supported by BusinessMAP.
- Sort and Calculate Totals in the Database Window—Sort the database by simply clicking on the field header in the database window. Sum or aggregate numerical database fields for easy analysis.
- Free 30-Day Aerial Photo Subscription—Visualize buildings, trees, and other man-made and natural land features from one-meter orthophotos. Overlay other map and data layers for detailed, eye-catching maps.
- Geography for states, counties, ZIP Codes, census tracts, and more
- Tele Atlas’ Dynamap/Transportation-enhanced street maps for more than 35,000 U.S. towns
- More than 500 U.S. census demographic variables down to census tract-level geography
- Consumer expenditure data at state and county levels from ESRI
- More than18 million business listings from D&B for the entire United States
BusinessMAP 4 is available for Windows 95 (SP2)/98/2000, NT 4.0, or XP. For more information, visit ESRI on the Web at www.esri.com/businessmap, contact your local ESRI reseller, or call ESRI directly at 1-888-523-0269.
About the ACT! by Sage 2006 Product FamilyACT! created the contact and customer management software category in 1987 and today is the preferred choice of over 2.5 million users and more than 30,000 corporate license customers. The ACT! by Sage 2006 contact and customer management product family from Sage Software helps individuals, small businesses, and corporate workgroups
- Increase productivity by organizing data in group, subgroup, and company categories and managing opportunities, notes/histories, and appointments.
- Access data quickly using keyword searches, detailed views, and list sorting.
- Increase sales by automating and customizing key aspects of the sales cycle to provide better forecasting and opportunity tracking.
- Collaborate with team members by sharing customer information and activity scheduling.
- Customize data fields, views, calendar options, and sales processes for specific industry and individual business requirements.
- Integrate ACT! with common business applications including Microsoft® Office, Lotus Notes®1, and popular Palm and Pocket PC handheld devices.
ACT! by Sage Premium for Workgroups 2006 is designed for workgroups of up to 50 users.3 ACT! by Sage Premium for Workgroups 2006 is available by contacting ACT! Corporate Licensing at 888-855-5222 and from more than 600 ACT! Certified Consultants located at www.act.com/certifiedconsultants ($399.99 MSRP, upgrade $259.95 MSRP).
ACT! Add-on solutions extend ACT! database functionality to help businesses run more cost efficiently. A complete list of ACT! Add-on solutions and pricing is available at www.actsolutions.com. Developers interested in the ACT! Add-on Partner Program are encouraged to visit www.act.com/partners/addons.
About Sage Software (formerly Best Software)Sage Software offers leading business management software and services that support the needs, challenges and dreams of more than 2.4 million small and midsized business customers in North America. Its parent company, The Sage Group plc (London: SGE.L), supports 4.5 million customers worldwide. For more than 25 years, Sage Software has delivered easy-to-use, scalable, and customizable software for accounting, customer relationship management, human resources, time tracking, and the specialized needs of accounting practices in the construction, distribution, manufacturing, nonprofit, and real estate industries. For more information, please visit the Web site at www.sagesoftware.com/moreinfo or call 866-308-2378.
About ESRIFounded in 1969, ESRI is the leading developer of GIS software with more than 300,000 clients worldwide. ESRI software is used in all 200 of the largest cities in the United States and in more than 60 percent of counties and municipalities nationwide. Headquartered in California, ESRI has regional offices throughout the United States, international distributors in more than 90 countries, and more than 1,700 business partners. ESRI’s goal is to develop comprehensive tools that enable users to efficiently manage, use, and serve geographic information to make a difference in the world around them. ESRI also provides consulting, implementation, and technical support services. ESRI can be found on the Web at www.esri.com.
909-793-2853, extension 1-1582