Better Integration with ArcGIS Spatial Tools Improves Ease of Use and Efficiency
December 14, 2005 -- Redlands, California—ESRI, the worldwide leader in geographic information system (GIS) software, announced today that version 3 of Job Tracking for ArcGIS (JTX) is now shipping. This latest version includes usability improvements, support for a variety of workflows, and new functionality.
JTX is a solution-based extension to ArcGIS that provides an integration framework for ArcGIS multiuser geodatabase environments. This enterprise workflow management application simplifies and automates many aspects of job management and tracking and streamlines the workflow, resulting in improved efficiency and significant time savings for any enterprise GIS project (e.g., data maintenance and commercial mapping).
New features of JTX include
- Numerous usability, performance, and accessibility improvements such as better integration with ArcGIS spatial tools, advanced query and visualization tools, extended APIs for custom functionality, and enhanced configurability
- Additional options and tools for creating jobs (e.g., bulk job creation, jobs from existing data, users in many groups)
- Ability to model and graphically interact with more advanced, real-world workflows that include branching, looping, decision points, and more
- Built-in e-mail notification capability with configurable subscribers, subject, and body for when certain actions are performed in JTX
- New tools to allow relationships to be established between jobs
- Support for annotation feature classes
JTX3 requires ArcSDE in addition to ArcInfo or ArcEditor 9.0 or 9.1. For more information, visit www.esri.com/jobtracking or call ESRI at 1-800-447-9778, or call your ESRI regional office. Outside the United States, contact your local ESRI distributor.