Another new release of Abaco's is DbMAP Web 3D an advanced and innovative tool working in synergy with DbMAP Asj for data management, publication and consulting in 3D directly on the web.
The suite composed by the two softwares is specifically created for developing 2D and 3D Geographic Information Systems and allows users to “fly” over a tridimensional model of the territory published on the web. The architecture of the suite is based on:
- DbMAP Developer Kit, the SDK (with OCX, ActiveX and Java components and applets available) for the development of GIS applications interacting with a centralised geographic database accessible via web;
- DbMAP ASJ Runtime Server, a powerful server component offering Map and Image Server services (multi-source data) and allowing to directly access the GIS data sources to publish, whichever database they are contained in and whichever format the raster and vectorial files (ECW, TIFF and DWG) one has to manage;
- DbMAP Viewer & Author, connecting with the DbMAP server component via http (internet or intranet) and taking advantages of the spatial engine chosen, allows maximum control on data, on the choice of the informative layers, on the services, on the lay-outs and on the editing of the geometries and assures the interaction with the functionalities offered by the relational database used;
- Data Manager, connecting with the chosen centralised database imports and exports Shape files and creates and imports background images in shape format;
- DbMAP 3D Builder, is the application necessary to generate a 3D data set from different formats of DTM files, directly used from the client component DbMAP ASJ Runtime Server;
- DbMAP Web 3D Runtime Server, the server component providing the functionalities to find the texture and the alphanumeric data of the informative layers, taking advantage of the services offered by DbMAP ASJ Runtime Server;
- DbMAP Web 3D Flyer, the client component to be inserted in a Web page, elaborates the bidimensional data deriving from DbMAP Web 3D Runtime Server and those coming from the tridimensional data server of DbMAP 3D Builder in real time.
What is DbMAP Suite for? It is recommended to those Public Administration technicians, Database Administrators and developers whose main necessities are distributing geographic data in Web-GIS portals and integrating their own applications with advanced GIS features independent from any platform.
On-line demos are available on our website and web-conferences are organised to help users better understand how DbMAP works. http://www.abacogroup.com/dbm3d/engdemos.htm web-conference: http://www.abacogroup.com/eng/atc/workshop/index.asp
C.so Umberto I, 43 - 46100 Mantova, Italy
tel. +39 (0)376 222181 fax +39 (0)376 222182
via Nepi, 15 - 00191 Roma, Italy
tel/fax +39 (0)6 3338501
E-mail: Email Contact