ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 12, 2002--Intergraph Mapping and GIS Solutions (NASDAQ: INGR - News) and the Intergraph GeoSpatial Users Community (IGUC) honored the winners of their first annual international Awards for Cartographic Excellence at the GeoSpatial World 2002 international conference in Atlanta. These awards recognize professional excellence in design, technique, aesthetics, innovation, communication, and presentation. Professional cartography and map production customers as well as students who use Intergraph mapping and GIS software were invited to participate.
All entries were displayed at GeoSpatial World, and an internationally recognized panel of judges chose winners on the first day of the conference. A first-place cash award of $1,000 (U.S.) and a first runner-up cash award of $500 (U.S.) were presented in each of three categories. Each award recipient also received complimentary registration to GeoSpatial World 2003. Winners honored at GeoSpatial World are:
Category I, Static Cartographic Maps
- Eliaz Shlomi, first-place, The Survey of ISRAEL
- Rocco Rabilotta Pisters, first runner-up, F.R. Facilities and Resources, S.A. de C.V.
Category II, Static GIS Maps
- Irena Szczepanik and John Murray, first-place, City of Hamilton
- Glenda Beijeman and Stuart Halliday, first runner-up, Environmental BOP
Category III, Dynamic Interactive Presentations
- Marc Barthello and Jon Pollack, first-place, Transportation Engineering Agency
- David McCourt, first runner-up, Applied Technological Services, Inc.
The winning entries will be posted on the GeoSpatial World Web site after the conference. The panel of international judges who selected the winners for the Awards for Cartographic Excellence included:
- Vanessa Lawrence, general director and chief executive of Ordnance Survey, Great Britain
- Major Mike Cairns, officer commanding, Digital Production Squadron, Department of National Defense, Mapping and Charting Establishment, Canada
- James J. Sippel, associate director, Commercial Partnerships Division, Directorate of Analysis and Production at the National Imagery and Mapping Agency (NIMA), Virginia
- Jon Thies, cartographic consultant, Map Production Systems, Intergraph Mapping and GIS Solutions, Huntsville, Alabama
- Steven E. Mathews, executive manager, Mapping and GIS Services Division, Intergraph Mapping and GIS Solutions, Huntsville, Alabama
Intergraph Mapping and GIS Solutions
Intergraph Mapping and GIS Solutions brings together geospatial and information technology to help customers achieve their business goals. A technology innovator with more than 30 years of market leadership, Intergraph serves government agencies and commercial enterprises worldwide with end-to-end geospatial solutions for cartography and map production and enterprisewide mapping and GIS. The company provides superior customer support and services ranging from project implementation to production.
Intergraph Mapping and GIS Solutions is a division of Intergraph Corporation (NASDAQ: INGR - News), Huntsville, Ala., and does business in more than 60 countries through its wholly owned subsidiaries and global distributor and partner network. For more information, visit www.intergraph.com/imgs.
Intergraph and GeoMedia are registered trademarks of Intergraph Corporation. Other brands and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
EDITORS: For contact information about Intergraph, please use
1-800-791-3357 (U.S.), 1-256-730-7191 (international), or Intergraph's
Web address: www.intergraph.com/imgs.
Intergraph Mapping and GIS Solutions, Huntsville Rita Roberts, 256/730-1430 email@example.com