Quick Terrain Modeler Version 6 adds the following functionality:
- More comprehensive Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) tools: These tools instantly compare model elevations
to ground truth points and deliver customized reports of the results.
- Georegistration: Users can quickly and graphically correlate georeference points to unregistered models and transform
point clouds and/or surface models to accurate real world coordinates.
- ASCII Vector Import: This tool broadens the data fusion capability of Quick Terrain Modeler, adding support for the
Landmark ASCII fault file format and other vector formats that are stored in this manner (ASCII X, Y, Z, Vector ID tables).
- Increased Analytical Capability: Version 6 adds a “highest point locater” tool to find the very highest points in user
specified areas, the ability to create permanent markers at any point, increased model altitude matching capability, and
support for DTED’s with sub-meter resolution.
- Increased user-friendliness: Version 6 adds a dynamic status bar to help users keep track of multiple models and changing
settings, a height scale button to exaggerate elevations on the fly, and faster ASCII importing.
- Scan alignment enhancements: Version 6 tracks scanner origin points through a variety of alignment transformations, adds
resizable preview windows, georegisters aligned point clouds, merges multiple alignment sessions, auto-aligns multiple
regions of interest in pan/tilt data, and permits users to select reference scans by name.
- Quick Terrain Reader Upgrades: The free QT Reader has also been renamed the Quick Terrain Reader. The new version can load two models simultaneously as well as unlimited markers. It is still free.
About Applied Imagery
Based in Silver Spring, Maryland, Applied Imagery is a customer-focused geospatial software company specializing in 3D visualization and analysis tools. Applied Imagery’s software, the Quick Terrain Modeler, was originally developed at Johns Hopkins University’s Applied Physics Lab (APL).
For further information, please contact:
8070 Georgia Ave.
Silver Spring, MD 20910
+1 (301) 589-4446