August 07, 2007 -- GeoSpatial Training Services, a provider of virtual and instructor led GIS training and consulting services, has released a new "how-to" style GIS blog called GeoChalkboard. GeoChalkboard covers hands on exercises, tips, and tutorials for integrating Google Earth, Google Maps, ESRI, and Microsoft Virtual Earth technologies.
For more information on GeoChalkboard please visit
GeoSpatial Training Services, LLC provides virtual and instructor led training courses designed to keep GIS professionals on top of the rapidly evolving and increasingly technical nature of Geographic Information Systems (GIS). In today's world, implementing a GIS increasingly requires advanced skills that blend geospatial theories and concepts with advanced computer science skills. Our goal at GeoSpatial Training Services is to integrate these sometimes disparate concepts into training materials that can be used to become a more effective GIS professional. Our affordable, self-paced virtual training courses are designed to fully engage the student in the learning process through the use of audio lectures, visual software demonstrations, exercises, Flash based lectures, and one-on-one interactions between the student and instructor. Users can quickly and easily order virtual training materials that provide a fast, easy, inexpensive, and highly effective method for acquiring GIS skills. Some of the key features of our training CD's include:
* An average of 40 hours training with each full length course.
* Exercises and data included with each full length course to give hands-on experience with the software.
* Courses offered in a variety of formats including full length courses, chapter length courses, and job aids.
* Unique compression that allows us to put many hours of high quality audio and video on a single disk.
* Compatible with PCs and Mac
* Training delivered by experts in both audio and video as you watch the instructor's computer desktop, and the software in action - Anyone can learn regardless of your learning style (auditory or visual)
* Lessons can be repeated anytime you like, from anywhere you like.
For more information contact:
GeoSpatial Training Services, LLC