Redlands, California, August 22, 2007 -- Innovative applications and data delivery templates from the winners of the ESRI and Stratus Technologies ArcGIS Server Demonstration Project Grant Program are now available online at www.esri.com/servertemplates. These reusable applications are based on server GIS technology and can be used by governments with similar projects.
Through these public domain templates, ESRI and Stratus Technologies hope to encourage government agencies to share applications. Exchanging ideas and resources on issues that affect their communities enables governments to meet objectives and better serve the public.
The winners of the ArcGIS Server grant received software, hardware, and training valued at more than $800,000. The recipients were
* Town of Amherst , Massachusetts , Information Technology Department
* State of Texas , Parks and Wildlife Department
* Municipality of Anchorage , Alaska , Information Technology Department
* St. Clair County , Michigan , Road Commission
* Regional Transportation District of Denver , Colorado , Information Technology Department
* City of New York , New York , Fire Department
* Cabell-Huntington Health Department , West Virginia
* St. Johns County , Florida , GIS Division
* State of Missouri , Office of Administration, Information Technology Services Division
* County of Santa Cruz , California , Public Works Department
To learn more about the ESRI and Stratus Technologies ArcGIS Server Demonstration Project Grant, visit www.esri.com/grants and select past grants.
Stratus Technologies provides customers worldwide with services and systems designed to provide complete, continuous-availability solutions for critical computer-based operations. With its Continuous Processing technology, Stratus serves government, public safety, telecommunications, banking, manufacturing, transportation and logistics, and many other industries in which uptime reliability is important and downtime is not tolerated. Visit Stratus at www.stratus.com.
Since 1969, ESRI has been giving customers around the world the power to think and plan geographically. The market leader in GIS, ESRI software is used in more than 300,000 organizations worldwide including each of the 200 largest cities in the United States , most national governments, more than two-thirds of Fortune 500 companies, and more than 7,000 colleges and universities. ESRI applications, running on more than one million desktops and thousands of Web and enterprise servers, provide the backbone for the world’s mapping and spatial analysis. ESRI is the only vendor that provides complete technical solutions for desktop, mobile, server, and Internet platforms. Visit www.esri.com.
Tel.: 909-793-2853, extension 1-3571
E-mail: Email Contact