Valencia Water Company Selects Spatial Wave's Mapplet.NET and MapLibrary for their Enterprise GIS
[ Back ]   [ More News ]   [ Home ]
Valencia Water Company Selects Spatial Wave's Mapplet.NET and MapLibrary for their Enterprise GIS

Aliso Viejo, Calif, September 25, 2007--  Valencia Water Company (VWC) selected Spatial Wave as the software provider for VWC's enterprise Geographic Information System. Spatial Wave's Mapplet.NET product will be used to integrate data from their customer information and utility billing systems with GIS based facility data. In addition, Spatial Wave's MapLibrary product will be used to store the engineering and technical drawings for easy retrieval and access by all VWC users.Mapplet.NET will enable the VWC staff to access engineering, operations,and financial data using a comprehensive and easy to use GIS portal. Mapplet.NET's Pipeline Isolation and Customer Notification Extension will be used by VWC to rapidly isolate lines and identify customers in case of emergency or planned shutdowns. VWC will use the GIS integration with their utility billing system as a building block to better identify and plan the future growth and development in its service area.

"We are committed to the success of VWC in implementing Spatial Wave's solutions to simplify access to critical information using GIS", said Ali Diba, President and CEO of Spatial Wave. "Spatial Wave technology integrated with VWC's new Customer Information System, will provide a powerful platform to optimize the services provided by VWC".

About Valencia Water Company

Valencia Water Company(VWC) is an investor-owned water company regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission. VWC serves approximately 94,000 people (approximately 28,300 service connections) in the Santa Clarita Valley, including Valencia, Stevenson Ranch, and portions of Newhall, Saugus and Castaic. This includes 323 miles of mainline with an average daily production of 27 million gallons. The customer base is approximately 86% residential, with the remaining 14% consisting of commercial, industrial, public authority and irrigation customers.VWC serves a mix of approximately 50% groundwater pumped from wells and 50% imported state water, which is purchased from Castaic Lake Water Agency. Groundwater is pumped from the shallow Alluvial Aquifer as well as the underlying deeper Saugus Formation. Recycled water for irrigation in our service area started being delivered for the first time in the Santa Clarita Valley in July, 2003.

About Spatial Wave

Spatial Wave is an industry leading GIS software company specializing in the development of enterprise specific work flow application solutions. Their solutions enable office and mobile workers to enhance their efficiency by taking advantage of GIS technology in their daily work. The solutions are designed to empower their customers to accomplish their work by utilizing advanced technology with minimal training. Spatial Wave is located in Aliso Viejo, Orange County California. For more information, please visit Spatial Wave?s website at: http://www.spatialwave.com/

Contact:

Media Relations
Spatial Wave, Inc.
95 Argonaut
Suite 260
liso Viejo, CA 92656
Tel:+ 949.465.3400
Fax:+ 949.586.8141
media-relations@spatialwave.com

Rating: