Montreal, Canada, October 16th, 2007 — Matrox Graphics Inc., the leading manufacturer of professional graphics solutions, today announced the availability of its Millennium P690 Series fanless graphics cards. These cards are available in several form factors, offer low power consumption, and unified display drivers for easy deployment across multiple systems. In addition, the P690 Plus LP PCI/PCIe products can be upgraded (via a Quad-HD15 cable) to drive four analog monitors—and up to eight analog or four digital monitors in a joined-graphics card configuration.
"The P690 Series is a redesign of the popular P650 Series graphics cards, combining new 90nm chip design and DDR2 memory technology with our rock-solid unified drivers," states Alan Vandenbussche, Vice President Sales and Marketing, Matrox Graphics. "As a result, the P690 Series is an ideal choice for professionals looking for low power consumption and a long production life, without the risk of unproven drivers."
Millennium P690 Highlights
- Work with two digital or analog monitors as one large desktop, or at independent resolutions and display orientations.
- P690 Plus DualHead cards can be upgraded to support up to four analog displays.
- Pair two P690 Plus cards for a multi-display solution which supports a stretched taskbar across four DVI or eight analog monitors.
Ultra-Low Power Consumption:
- Industry-leading power consumption levels of 12 watts or less promote sustainable design and environmental conservation.
- Fanless design eliminates noise, enhances product reliability, and improves system compatibility.
Wide Enterprise Flexibility:
- Multiple form factors allow standardization across a wide variety of systems.
Unified Drivers and Advanced Multi-display Desktop Management:
- P690 products ship with Matrox PowerDesk software, and are compatible with the free Matrox PowerSpace software that allows users to manage multiple virtual desktops.
Availability and Pricing
The Matrox Millennium P690 Series graphics cards will be available in October, and list at the following prices:
P690 PCIe x16 128MB $199.00 USD
P690 PCI 128MB $199.00 USD
P690 LP PCIe x16 128MB $249.00 USD
P690 LP PCIe x1 128MB $249.00 USD
P690 Plus LP PCIe x16 256MB $289.00 USD
P690 Plus LP PCI 256MB $289.00 USD
Quad-monitor upgrade cable (CAB-L60-4AXAF) $99.00 USD
About Matrox Graphics Inc.
Matrox Graphics is a leading manufacturer of specialized graphics solutions for professional markets such as finance, digital media, medical imaging, industrial, and enterprise computing.
In-house design expertise, top-to-bottom manufacturing, and dedicated customer support make our solutions the premier choice in industries that require stable, high-reliability products. Fortune 1000 companies rely on our multi-display solutions— dual, quad, and beyond—to increase productivity and improve decision-making by enabling them to see more and do more.
Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada, with representation and offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
Learn more about the complete Matrox Graphics product line: www.matrox.com/graphics.
Matrox Graphics Inc. and Matrox are registered trademarks of Matrox Graphics Inc. and/or Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Matrox reserves the right to alter product offerings and specifications at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document.###
Marketing Communications Specialist - Critical Decision Systems
Matrox Graphics Inc.
Tel: 514.822.6000 ext:7237
Email: Email Contact