Realizing the ever increasing emphasis on high-quality maps in the various applications of GIS, MapText has responded to the strong demand from the Intergraph user-community for an easy-to-use and affordably priced desktop labeling product within GeoMedia. GeoMedia users will benefit from using GeoLabel Pro for making simple maps for presentation or high-quality maps for publication. GeoLabel Pro delivers high aesthetic quality maps for on-screen viewing or printing and its intuitive user interface guarantees a fast learning process. The software provides a high placement percentage that minimizes the need for post editing, and thus, users realize a high and immediate return on their investments.
GeoLabel Pro shares the same powerful labeling engine as the flagship product Label-EZ. It provides users with an intuitive user interface for setting up labeling rules and styles with ease. The various placement capabilities for line, point, and area features are illustrated by descriptive pictograms.
The key characteristics of GeoLabel Pro include:
- Full integration with GeoMedia and GeoMedia Pro
- Optimized placement with obstacle avoidance across all feature layers
- Dynamic text placement mode for on-screen viewing — optimal placement in window with no text cut-off at edges
- Static text placement mode for printed maps
- Post-editing tools for high-quality publication maps
- For line features: Placing labels above, below or within the casing of the line – following the shape of line feature, stacking, spreading words, repeating labels, highway shields based on attributes, etc.
- For point features: Nine selectable text positions, stacking, allowing or disallowing labels to cross lines, etc.
- For area features: Text can be fully or partially inside the feature, placed horizontally or along the dominant angle of the polygon, etc.
- Automatic leader line placement, font reduction and other options.
About MapText, Inc.
MapText is the leading label-placement solutions provider for local, state, and national government mapping agencies worldwide. Its software places text automatically for virtually any kind of map or chart – to high cartographic standards and at incredible speed. The software is in use worldwide for making city street maps, highway maps, cadastral maps, soil maps, utility maps, as well as nautical and aeronautical charts. For more information, visit our website at www.maptext.com.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, contact:
MapText Sales Department