- Powerful geospatial plug-in suite now supports scripting and spatial cropping -
Toronto, ON, June 12, 2008 - Avenza Systems Inc., producers of MAPublisher cartographic software for Adobe Illustrator and Macromedia FreeHand as well as MAPdataUSA, MAPdataCanada and MAPdataWorld royalty-free GIS data sets, announces the release of Geographic Imager 2.0 for Adobe Photoshop CS2 and CS3. Geographic Imager 2.0 is the latest version of this powerful software that adds geospatial functionality to Adobe Photoshop.
“Following the success and tremendous reception of the initial Geographic Imager releases we are delighted to follow-up with this much more feature-rich and versatile upgrade, said Doug Smith, Avenza’s Director of Sales. “The scripting and batch processing capabilities alone make this a very worthwhile upgrade for users but overall this is truly a major step forward for Geographic Imager and spatial image processing within Adobe Photoshop,” he added.
Geographic Imager enhances the already commanding Adobe Photoshop imaging environment by adding all the tools and technology necessary to support the import, edit, manipulation and export of geospatial images such as aerial and satellite imagery. In addition to allowing the use of Photoshop and its powerful native imaging functions such as cropping, transparencies, individual pixel editing and brightness/contrast control, Geographic Imager adds the ability to import and recognize GeoTIFFs and other referenced raster formats, automatically mosaic and tile images spatially, reproject and transform images, geo-reference images based on ground control points and re-export images with all spatial information intact.
Features of the Geographic Imager 2.0
- New GeoCrop tool allows image cropping based on geographic coordinates
- Automated scripting allows for use of Geographic Imager tasks in conjunction with Photoshop’s automation tools
- New and improved control over spatial transformations, including support for multi-layer and multi-spectral images
- New and improved conversion to GeoTIFF functionality
- Custom co-ordinate system database file
- Support for previously unsupported Adobe Photoshop functions including Trim, Flip and non-angular Crop
Features and Benefits of Geographic Imager
- Allows the use of Adobe Photoshop native functionality without destroying the spatial properties of the image
- Import and export GeoTIFFs and other spatial raster formats along with all georeferencing
- Georeference non-referenced imagery with Ground Control Point (GCP) transformation
- Reprojection of spatial imagery
- Automatic mosaicking and tiling of spatial imagery
- Mac, Windows and floating licenses available
More about Geographic Imager
Geographic Imager is powerful software for working with spatial imagery in Adobe Photoshop that leverages the superior image editing capabilities of this raster-based image-editing software.
Geographic Imager 2.0 for Photoshop CS2 and CS3 is now available free of charge to all Geographic Imager customers with a valid maintenance subscription and as an upgrade for non-maintenance members at US$319. New licenses are US$699 for a single-user fixed commercial license. Prices include 1 year of maintenance. Educational and floating licenses as well as discounted MAPublisher/Geographic Imager bundles are also available. Full details are available at www.avenza.com.
More about Avenza Systems Inc.
Avenza Systems Inc. is an award-winning, privately held corporation that provides cartographers and GIS professionals with powerful software tools for making better maps. In addition to software offerings for Mac and Windows users, Avenza offers value-added data sets, product training and consulting services. Visit www.avenza.com for more details.
For further information contact:
Email: Email Contact