September 05, 2008 -- Rasterex is the world leading provider of sophisticated software for raster editing and raster to vector conversion.
RxSpotlight is the standalone application for Windows, while RxAutoImage is the complementary solution running directly inside AutoCAD. Both solutions are now up for a major update to version R9.0. You can read more about the RxAutoImage R9.0 release here.
RxSpotlight has for many years been recognized as the leading solution for cleaning up drawings and converting scanned drawings into CAD. With version R9.0, Rasterex takes the solution a huge step further, and introduces full CAD vector processing and intelligent image processing. RxSpotlight has become the ultimate workspace for hybrid operations, where image processing, raster editing and vector processing are blended into one cost-effective application.
"We are proud to present the perfect one-stop solution for companies working extensively with raster and CAD drawings", says Per Christian Lindstad, CEO at Rasterex Software. "Whether the user starts with a scanned drawing, retrieves a file from the archive or imports a DWG file from AutoCAD, he can clean up and edit the raster, make lossless data reduction and advanced image enhancements, convert between raster and vector data and complete the CAD processing up to final CAD output - all without leaving the application".
New features in RxSpotlight R9.0:
- Microsoft Windows Vista compatible
- Import of DWG and DXF files for full AutoCAD compatibility
- AutoCAD 2009 supported
- Workspace includes Drawing Layouts and Viewports as in AutoCAD
- Extended line styles and hatch type support
- Dimension style support, new dimension objects
- Proxy and complex entities processing
- User Coordinate System AutoCAD-style support
- New angular units in coordinate settings
- AutoCAD style editing
- Construction objects (ray, line) and primitive object (polygon) added
- AutoCAD style object grips and dragging
- Node selection mode for polylines
- Object tracking snap mode on vectors (similar to AutoCAD) extending also onto raster objects
- COM and DDE interface
- Languages such as C++, Java and scripts available for improved usability
- Updated internal format, more compact and robust
- Autosave and Recover
- Print Setup dialog redesigned for better usability
- Added feature - individual clip for multiple raster insertion