Dassault Systèmes Presents PLM 2.0 Vision; Showcases Power of V6 Platform in Special Eco-Design and Sustainability Sessions
Keynotes, Technology Tracks and Customer Testimonials including Nikon and Toshiba Bring Theme of “Collaborate to Innovate” to Life
Tokyo, Sept. 9, 2008 – Dassault Systèmes (DS) (Nasdaq: DASTY; Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, announced that its ENOVIA Customer Conference Asia Pacific (ECC AP) in Tokyo, Japan will open today with more than 500 of the region’s leading executives expected to attend. Over the next two days the event will provide a showcase for customer testimonials, industry best practices, while also featuring special sessions on sustainability and the emergence of the global eco-design trend.
Themed “Collaborate to Innovate” attendees will have the opportunity to hear how some of the world’s leading companies, including Mitsubishi, Nikon and Toshiba have leveraged PLM solutions to help them maintain their innovation advantage. In addition, the conference will feature Dassault Systèmes’ executives sharing how PLM best business practices are helping customers address challenges and develop new opportunities.
Attendees at ECC Asia Pacific will learn more about “PLM 2.0” and experience Dassault Systèmes’ V6 PLM platform through education, training, demonstrations and customer presentations. The V6 platform delivers a single platform for all PLM business processes, available to anybody anywhere, spanning engineering/manufacturing groups, business and end-users. V6 also gives intelligent access to IP, regardless of its data source or location.
“Designed to provide our customers with an opportunity to share experiences and learn more about the latest developments in PLM – particularly around the PLM 2.0 vision and V6 platform, ECC Asia Pacific provides us with an invaluable window into the practical application of our vision, strategy and product road map in the real world,” said Joel Lemke, chief executive officer, ENOVIA, Dassault Systèmes. “ECC Asia Pacific represents the culmination of a series of three regional events over the past six months including North America and EMEA.”
ECC Asia Pacific highlights include:
• Keynote addresses from the platinum sponsors including IBM, Microsoft andNS Solutions;
• General session customer success stories from companies including TUV Rheinland Group and STX Shipbuilding;
• A presentation by Marc Halpern, research director, Gartner entitled “Global Competitive Challenges Demand New PLM Software Priorities”;
• Six industry-specific tracks featuring customers, such as Toshiba in E&E; Nikon in semiconductor Larsen & Toubro in Power, Process & Petroleum/Shipbuilding; Pacific Brands in apparel;
• In-depth presentations and breakout sessions on the new V6 PLM platform and how it helps customers achieve PLM 2.0.
• Day Two will feature sessions with Dassault Systèmes’ key technology leaders focusing on a variety of topics, including four tracks dedicated to IP management, business process collaboration, mid-market solutions, mastering the supply chain and V6 infrastructure and deployment.
For more information on PLM 2.0 and V6, please visit http://www.3ds.com/V6.
About Dassault Systèmes:
As a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, Dassault Systèmes brings value to more than 100,000 customers in 80 countries. A pioneer in the 3D software market since 1981, Dassault Systèmes develops and markets PLM application software and services that support industrial processes and provide a 3D vision of the entire lifecycle of products from conception to maintenance to recycling. The Dassault Systèmes portfolio consists of CATIA for designing the virtual product - SolidWorks for 3D mechanical design - DELMIA for virtual production - SIMULIA for virtual testing - ENOVIA for global collaborative lifecycle management, and 3DVIA for online 3D lifelike experiences. Dassault Systèmes is listed on the Nasdaq (DASTY) and Eurolist (#13065, DSY.PA) stock exchanges. For more information, visit http://www.3ds.com.
CATIA, DELMIA, ENOVIA, SIMULIA, SolidWorks and 3D VIA are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.
Dassault Systèmes Press Contacts:
David Coates (ENOVIA) firstname.lastname@example.org +1-978-442-2708
Mikiko Igarashi (DS AP) email@example.com +81 3 5442 4138