Magellan Maestro™ 4350 Features Instant Access To Users' Favorite Places, Searches, and POIs
SANTA CLARA, Calif. - November 3, 2008 - Magellan, one of the fastest-growing GPS brands in the world, is introducing the industry's first vehicle navigation device with a OneTouch user interface. The new Magellan Maestro 4350 series, featuring an evolutionary new interface which eases use and reduces driver distraction, is available nationwide.
Magellan's Maestro 4350 device offers a revolutionary and patent-pending new OneTouch interface that puts the user's favorite destinations and searches just one click away. After users identify and store preferred banks, restaurants and other destinations in the device, the OneTouch feature lets them instantly access directions to those located closest with one quick menu click.
"The new OneTouch interface represents the next generation of navigation, enabling instant access to the device's features and the ability to search for points of interest right from the main display," said Mike Wagner, senior director of product marketing, Magellan. "The OneTouch menu delivers revolutionary new screen flow and ease of use that is designed to maximize functionality while reducing driver distraction. One benefit of the OneTouch interface is the ability to pre-program the unit to find a specific brand of business, wherever they are, with a simple click. When a traveler is ready to find their favorite cup of coffee, they click on the OneTouch button they created and the GPS unit immediately finds the closest location options and routes for their selection."
OneTouch Gives Easy Access to Travel Experience Drivers Want
The Magellan Maestro 4350 OneTouch menu gives drivers a personalized travel experience with all of their favorites close at hand:
- Instant access to favorite businesses, restaurants, banks, gas stations, services, searches and more, so drivers can find the things they care about with a simple click wherever they are.
- Instant access to specific address destinations so drivers can quickly route to the same address when needed.
- Instant access to applications to play music, make phone calls, or find addresses.
- Instant access to all Points of Interest (POI) from a single source so drivers can perform one search and get results from both the standard POI database and Magellan-exclusive AAA TourBook(R) guide travel information database. Results are organized in a tabbed format.
Integrated live traffic receiver and subscription service is paired with a new live traffic user interface that gives drivers easy access to all traffic information and offers alternative routes so drivers can pick the best route at the time.
Intuitive and Clutter Free
- Enhanced pedestrian mode and "Find Your Car" capabilities.
- 3D landmarks to give drivers visual cues for maneuvers and destinations.
- Map information is built as layers, with the most-often-used information given prominent position for easy access.
- Larger fonts for easier viewing.
- Intuitive, context-driven touch zones for a completely interactive map screen.
- New address book makes address entry a snap with smart address summary that lets users save complete itineraries.
- Simple data entry enabled by one of the largest keyboards in its class and unique QuickSpell(R) functionality that allows quick single-address entry or convenient multi-destination trip planning, including route optimization.
Additionally, the Maestro 4350 features an audio, video and picture player.
The Maestro 4350 OneTouch ships with a windshield mount and cradle, a cigarette lighter adapter, protective pouch, A/C power adapter, USB data cable and an adhesive disk for dash mounting and can be purchased online at http://www.magellangps.com.
Review units are obtainable by contacting: Email Contact.
Magellan allows people to travel, work and play their way with leading portable navigation and positioning solutions across multiple consumer and business-to-business markets. Recognized as an industry innovator, the company is the creator of the award-winning Magellan RoadMate(R) series portable car navigation systems, Maestro(TM), CrossoverGPS(TM), the Magellan Triton(TM) outdoor handheld navigation devices, the Hertz(R) NeverLost(R) car navigation system and ProMark(TM), the best-selling single frequency GPS survey product line on the market. Magellan is privately held and headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. For more information on Magellan, visit http://www.magellangps.com.
E-mail: Email Contact